> Changes To Review Submittals, Everybody please read
Texasrvers
post Jul 9 2010, 10:08 AM
Post #211

Advanced Member

Group: Admin
Member No.: 5452

QUOTE(DOTLDaddy @ Jul 9 2010, 07:43 AM) *

I guess my point here is this. The rule that you must submit multiple reviews before any are considered is not mentioned in the FAQ at the top of the homepage.

I just think it should be stated in the FAQ at the top of the homepage where most newbies would look first.

DOTLDaddy,

I’m sorry you had a problem with the website. To be truthful I had not looked at the FAQ section in quite some time and did not remember exactly what was in it, but after seeing your post I read it again. It appears to me that it DOES state in the second question/answer that you need to post three reviews before any will be considered for posting so I am confused about your saying that this rule needs to be included in the FAQ’s. Is there something that I’m not understanding here?

Texasrvers
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
dalsgal
post Jul 9 2010, 01:34 PM
Post #212

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 14080

It does state "You also need to post at least 3 reviews before your reviews enter the approval stage". I do know of a couple of instances where posts were made with no other posts and one with only 1 other post. That just means there are a few exceptions that are made on occasion.
+Quote Post
Texasrvers
post Jul 9 2010, 04:27 PM
Post #213

Advanced Member

QUOTE(dalsgal @ Jul 9 2010, 02:34 PM) *

It does state "You also need to post at least 3 reviews before your reviews enter the approval stage". I do know of a couple of instances where posts were made with no other posts and one with only 1 other post. That just means there are a few exceptions that are made on occasion.

I can explain why that happens. Let's say that a member submits three reviews just like the rules say. When those reviews are checked for errors TWO of them are not acceptable for whatever reason (incorrect information, poor grammar/spelling, etc.) so they are not posted. However, the third review is good and is posted. The person met the requirements for submitting reviews so they were all considered for approval, but only one review was acceptable and posted. In this case the system will show that the person has only one review so it looks like they did not send in the required amount when actually they did.
+Quote Post
reddie
post Jul 11 2010, 12:47 PM
Post #214

Member No.: 18106

We have absolutely found this site the very best information from 98% REAL campers. Due to health issues we have had to really stay close to home, therefore I posted reviews on 2 local campgrounds. One in particular, Cloud Nine RV park between Hot Springs, Ar and Benton, Ar could be very dangerous for Big Rigs pulling a Toad. (it didn't show up under reviews because I didn't meet my mandatory 5) It was a fair and accurate review and truly feel that it could help the safety of our fellow RV'ers. I felt pretty sure that someone connected with that campground had posted a rebuke of sorts.

That being said, I think that this 3 to 5 reviews required, will eventually kill this website. Many times, after settling in for the night, we would do a review. On a trip to Mt Rushmore, we might stay in 3 parks. It is possible it could be weeks or months before that 5th one could be written. I think the forum is punishing the honest to get rid of the few. We as readers of reviews got pretty good at figuring out the "fake RV park owners and their cronies". 99% of us read other reviews by that member. In fact, over on RV.net there was a discussion about this website, and how to sift through the reviews to get a general idea of what a park is like. '

We really liked the "heads up" on bad interior roads, narrow turns, high/steep climbs, dirty and nasty parks with dangerous people.

The Tiffin website, and other major brands are beefing up their campground websites that could eventually kill this one. This is, and has been our favorite and most trusted site (even though we could tell the "plants" for ourselves. We're getting ready for a long trip soon, and we will check this website, but it seems that the Forum must believe there are more phony park reviews, than from members such as ourselves to make such a strict 5 review rule.

We may start going with our " Brand Forum" where they will eventually have a large data base of RV parks like this one.
+Quote Post
Texasrvers
post Jul 11 2010, 02:21 PM
Post #215

Advanced Member

Please excuse me while I shout.

OUR RULES CLEARLY STATE THAT YOU NEED TO SUBMIT THREE REVIEWS—NOT FIVE.

(Deep breath taken) Now let me address your other comments.

Our records show that you have 21 reviews posted. You have met the THREE review requirement. You do not have to meet it over and over again.

Our records also show that you have 4 reviews in the approval queue, one of them being the review for the Cloud Nine Park. There are currently 266 reviews in the queue. Two of your reviews are about half way down. The other two are near the bottom. This is an extremely busy time. On many days more reviews are submitted than can be approved. Reviews are handled in the order they come in, and they are approved as soon as possible, but that may not be for a few days at this time of year. Your reviews will be posted in due time.

We feel the three review rule does help weed out the less serious reviewer or the occasional review from a park owner. Yes, most of our members can spot a bogus review, but we strive not to have them in the first place. This has been a requirement for about 3 years, and we’re not dead yet because as you state this site has “the very best information from 98% REAL campers” and it is our rules that keep it that way.

So thank you for the compliment and your other comments, and look for your reviews to appear in 2-3 days.
+Quote Post
reddie
post Jul 11 2010, 04:20 PM
Post #216

Member No.: 18106

Thank you for clearing that up. As you can see I haven't posted lately, or done any reviews until yesterday. I guess being out of commission for awhile made us a bit rusty. I looked back where I posted at the beginning of this thread, and I think we understood it at the very beginning, then after being off the road for a few months, misunderstood. I also agree with above members statement, that if we re-visit a park at a later date, and the park has gone down, we can make a note of it or improved, note that too. Example: we recently stayed at Lake Hamilton RV Park, where a couple of years ago, several members posted that the owners were very unfriendly. Unfortunately, the prior owner died, and the park now has very friendly new owners/management. If we constantly review the parks, then it is even more fair for the new owners who are friendly, have cleaned, made improvements, etc. We also mention that we found their park on this website.

We really appreciate you taking the time to set us straight on this. We love this website and had always found it helpful. Thanks again.
+Quote Post
Texasrvers
post Jul 11 2010, 04:44 PM
Post #217

Advanced Member

QUOTE(reddie @ Jul 11 2010, 05:20 PM) *

I also agree with above members statement, that if we re-visit a park at a later date, and the park has gone down, we can make a note of it or improved, note that too.

You are absolutely correct that parks should be updated frequently. A review from two years (or even one year) ago may not be valid now since things change so quickly. All we ask is that a reviewer not post a second review for the same park within 90 of the first review.

BTW your Lake Hamilton review is in the queue, but unfortunately it is the one near the bottom. I have seen several of the volunteers working on the submitted reviews today so they will get to yours as soon as they can.

We're glad to have you back as a poster and reviewer.

PS: The shouting wasn't just at you. We get emails and posts all the time from people saying they will never be able to reach the FIVE review rule. It was five at one time, but the webmaster changed it to three over two years ago. We are aware that once-a-year campers may have a problem with this, but we do not feel this is a burden for most of our members.
+Quote Post
jake blake
post Jul 12 2010, 01:27 PM
Post #218

Group: Moderated
Member No.: 43444

Please advise... how do I edit a park review done by another person. I found the review done to be factually incorrect, i.e. No cable tv, no internet, cable or wifi. This is from the park ranger. How to I get these facts changed at this park? Please advise. Thanks.
+Quote Post
Texasrvers
post Jul 12 2010, 07:36 PM
Post #219

Advanced Member

QUOTE(jake blake @ Jul 12 2010, 02:27 PM) *

Please advise... how do I edit a park review done by another person. I found the review done to be factually incorrect, i.e. No cable tv, no internet, cable or wifi. This is from the park ranger. How to I get these facts changed at this park? Please advise. Thanks.

A member cannot edit another member's review (or even their own for that matter). Only admins can do that. If you will send me a personal message with the name of the park, its location, and list the things that are incorrect I will pass along the information. If the admin can verify that the changes are valid they will correct the listing.

Texasrvers
+Quote Post
Sandy V
post Jul 17 2010, 12:18 PM
Post #220

Member No.: 46438

I am an old 'user' but a brand new 'member' and may not be where I should be but wanted to comment that I really appreciate the time and effort that obviously goes into creating this excellent review site. I was wondering why my very first post (today) did not appear and now I know. It is unfortunate that such scrunity is necessary but it reflects the present state of our world. I DO wish that I could edit my first post, however, as I failed to mention their excellent WiFi. Thanks again for having such a helpful site.
+Quote Post
Texasrvers
post Jul 17 2010, 12:48 PM
Post #221

Advanced Member

Sandy V,

Welcome to the site. We look forward to posting your reviews.
+Quote Post
Fitzjohnfan
post Jul 23 2010, 11:27 PM
Post #222

Advanced Member

Member No.: 41655

May I also add a big THANKS for all the hard work you and your editors do for the site!!! I got back into camping in a motorhome after being out of it for about 10 years and was grateful to find a link to this site on the Fleetwood RV Yahoo discussion group.

I searched around for other RV park review sites, but they are very limited, and usually jaded toward some membership club or other organization. Some even expect you to pay or subscribe to be able to view the parks in their database. Very un-inviting.

Thanks for a great site and keep up the work!!

--------------------
Chris G.
FMCA: F3508-S
1989 32' Southwind MH
+Quote Post
Roaming Rob
post Jul 30 2010, 04:16 PM
Post #223

Member No.: 40579

My wife and I have been full-timers since the beginning of the year, and I have submitted about 17 or 18 reviews so far. This, however, is the first time I'm contributing to the forum.

I see that the issue of finding a way to insure that park owners do not send in BS reviews continues to be discussed after four years. This is, to me, emblematic of how valuable this site is to those of us who stay at RV Parks. And super kudos to the admin of this site for all the work he does.

I just submitted my first negative review. As I said in the review, I've never given a park less than a "7" before, not because I'm a nice guy, but because I do my research before selecting a park, mostly on this site. And it has never failed me, until the park I reviewed today.

It was clear to me that I was fooled on this one, and it is almost certainly because the owners submitted fake reviews. I noted that there were six prior reviews of this park, with scores of 10, 10, 10, 9, 3, and 2. How could there be such a difference of opinion? Further analysis revealed that the two low scorers had submitted 26 reviews between them, while the four high scorers had THREE other reviews between them! And one of those other reviews PANNED a competitor just up the road!

I don't know the solution to this issue that has been discussed for so long. But I wanted to share this story as a way to warn others what you might see when there are phony reviews, such as widely varying opinions, with the great ones from reviewers with few other submissions, and bad reviews from reviewers with lots of submissions.

Thank you again to the administrator. This site has made a huge difference to us, which is what motivates me to take the time to write careful, honest reviews so others can benefit. Now, I have 3 or 4 more reviews to write about some of the nice parks I learned about right here at RV Reviews!
+Quote Post
Ladymcgyver210
post Aug 13 2010, 09:33 PM
Post #224

Member No.: 27141

Hi Webmaster,

I have a question for you? I understand that you have a 90 rule on not posting about the same park but I just posted a review that I wrote up after our stay in May & just remembered to post it. When will I be able to write my next one on that same park we just stayed at again. Will it be 90 days from the date we stayed or 90 days from the time I posted? Please let me know as I want to post a new one on this same park just a few months later from our awful stay there! smile.gif I understand you are busy & appreciate what you do!!! Thanks a bunch!!!

+Quote Post
Texasrvers
post Aug 13 2010, 10:06 PM
Post #225

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Ladymcgyver210 @ Aug 13 2010, 10:33 PM) *

Hi Webmaster,

I have a question for you? I understand that you have a 90 rule on not posting about the same park but I just posted a review that I wrote up after our stay in May & just remembered to post it. When will I be able to write my next one on that same park we just stayed at again. Will it be 90 days from the date we stayed or 90 days from the time I posted? Please let me know as I want to post a new one on this same park just a few months later from our awful stay there! smile.gif I understand you are busy & appreciate what you do!!! Thanks a bunch!!!

I'm not the webmaster, and I think I know the answer to your question, but I want to double check. I will get back to you.
+Quote Post

26 Pages V « < 13 14 15 16 17 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
RVParkReviews.com