RV Park Reviews

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> "must Have" Rv Accessories, What items you simply can't live without when RVing.
DXSMac
post Jun 24 2008, 03:52 PM
Post #16

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 16651

QUOTE(Jurhee @ Jun 21 2008, 04:05 PM) *

I agree on the down comforter. We have one in the coach and a couple at home. We use them year round---at home, a lighter weight one in the summer and a heavy one in the winter.

http://www.jerry-jurhee.blogspot.com/

If you don't want to spend the bucks on a down comforter, a Mexican wool blanket also does the trick. My bed has only sheets and a comforter, when it's sub freezing, I add the Mexican wool blanket and I stay toasty even when my space heater is going full blast trying to maintain 65 and I'm supplementing with propane furnace trying to maintain 55.......

[READ THIS SECTION ONLY IF YOU ARE ONE WHO CLAMORS FOR PERSONAL TIDBITS: My Mexican blanket was a gift 25 years ago from a boyfriend I had at the time who took a business trip to Mexico...... Well, normally when a relationship breaks off for whatever reason, I have a "burn party." Everything goes! Good for the soul! I kept this Mexican blanket, don't know why..... perhaps because it was "functional." Well, it has come handy in the RV! END OF PERSONAL TIDBIT SECTION]

JJ

--------------------
JJ from Pacific Northwest

Check out my blog on TOADLESS RVing!
http://rvingtoadless.blogspot.com/

Feel free to leave me some suggestions.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
FosterImposters
post Jun 24 2008, 06:58 PM
Post #17

Advanced Member

Member No.: 17719

QUOTE(DXSMac @ Jun 24 2008, 02:52 PM) *

...[READ THIS SECTION ONLY IF YOU ARE ONE WHO CLAMORS FOR PERSONAL TIDBITS: ...

You crack me up ! laugh.gif
+Quote Post
Jurhee
post Jun 24 2008, 07:09 PM
Post #18

Advanced Member

Member No.: 12660

QUOTE(DXSMac @ Jun 24 2008, 04:52 PM) *

If you don't want to spend the bucks on a down comforter, a Mexican wool blanket also does the trick. My bed has only sheets and a comforter, when it's sub freezing, I add the Mexican wool blanket and I stay toasty even when my space heater is going full blast trying to maintain 65 and I'm supplementing with propane furnace trying to maintain 55.......
JJ

Yeah, but the comforter's are so cuddly. I used to like a velour blanket, but, I had never had a down comforter. DH had them when I met him, and now I just love them.

--------------------
Jurhee

FMCA F-101770

2003 Country Coach Intrigue
+Quote Post
bj41
post Jun 24 2008, 08:02 PM
Post #19

Member No.: 21815

If you are going to the beach, I would suggest ant spray. We go to Florida in the winter and Myrtle Beach on the way home and both places we have had a problem with ants. Now, my hubby sprays around the tires, sewer hoses and water hoses once a week. We buy a spray at Walmart , not too expensive and it has taken care of the problem.
+Quote Post
rangiebob
post Jun 25 2008, 05:02 PM
Post #20

Advanced Member

Member No.: 13167

The reason I love the down comforter is because it's so lightweight. When I first get into bed and I'm freezing, it doesn't seem possible that it will keep me warm. After a few minutes, I'm warm and cozy. Those things are amazing!
+Quote Post
Jurhee
post Jun 25 2008, 05:38 PM
Post #21

Advanced Member

Member No.: 12660

QUOTE(rangiebob @ Jun 25 2008, 06:02 PM) *

The reason I love the down comforter is because it's so lightweight. When I first get into bed and I'm freezing, it doesn't seem possible that it will keep me warm. After a few minutes, I'm warm and cozy. Those things are amazing!

I agree. I slept under electric blankets nearly all my life. Without it, I could pile on blankets until I could hardly move and still be cold. With the down comforter, it is so warm. Within a few minutes, it is like I am under an electric blanket. You can get out from under it, and climb back in bed a few minutes later, and it is still toasty warm. Love 'em biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif OUR GRANDSON IS COMPETING IN THE SWIMMING OLYMPIC TRIALS. IF INTERESTED, SCHEDULE INFORMATION IS SHOWN ON MY BLOG -- LINK BELOW.

--------------------
Jurhee

FMCA F-101770

2003 Country Coach Intrigue
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
RVParkReviews.com