Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Motdor Home Etiquette While Overnight Parking
Butch
post Nov 21 2006, 02:05 PM
Post #16

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 3801

Just food for thought, maybe, just maybe "one" of those parked in the auto parking lot was a handicap person(s) and was instructed to park there and the others followed suit after the fact. Would like to give them the benefit of doubt as to why ?? Again just food for thought.

--------------------
Butch & Kathy
and "Greta"
says, "me too !"
FMCA # F412606
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
RLM
post Dec 2 2006, 01:06 PM
Post #17

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 8584

I am a full-timer and have occasionally used a Wal-Mart lot for an overnight stay. Despite planning ahead to stop at a commercial campground, there have been occassional unforeseen delays. Or, Iíve driven into the only campground in an area only to turn around and drive out because despite the the campground directory rating, it was a dump. Truck stops are noisy places and rest areas arenít on my list for security.

I have to put my two slides out or would not be able to move around inside. However, since I feel that I am a guest of the establishment, and want to maintain a low key, nothing else is deployed. If I am forced to run the generator to cool the coach, I park as isolated as possible. I always ask for a managerís permission even if there are already RVs in the lot. I do that with some purchase in hand - and we always buy something. Even if I donít immediately need it, we will sooner or later. Not to be factious, but who doesnít need a spare roll of toilet tissue?? Wal-Mart is in business and we owe it as a repayment of their generosity to Rvers.

Having said that, it is most likely an unpopular view that I think Wal-Mart should police the small percentage of those Rvers who are give the rest of us a bad wrap. The corporation has teamed with FMCA to advertise their RV friendly position. If you check the latest FMCA road atlas, you will find that Wal-Mart locations are indicated on all of the state maps.

FMCA recognizes this problem and has a flyer than you can download from their website. It is a common sense set of rules that one can put on the windshield of the other 10%. Be that as it may, I am not the industryís police force. Perhaps Wal-Mart can put up a sign with the overnight parking rules that would be obvious even to the two-digit IQs who take advantage of their generosity. Onsite security employees can take care of the violators. Perhaps FMCA can donate that rules flyer to all Wal-Mart stores and let them put it on the offenderís windshield.

I share the concerns of a negative impression of Rvers. There has to be a better method to abate the problem other than our confrontation with some idiot who unknowingly, or purposefully, violates the courtesy rules.

RLM
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
RVParkReviews.com