> Blaming A Campground
chowhound
post Oct 18 2011, 08:31 PM
Post #31

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 41909

QUOTE(hoefler @ Sep 25 2011, 05:05 PM) *

I have had a well written review of a negative experience with a prominent RV park that would had been helpful for many others including my self, denied by the powers to be saying that it was something this site is not designed or intended to be used for.

Maybe you should clarify those issues with the moderators and try again. I have not found them to be unreasonable, and in fact very fair.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
mdcamping
post Oct 21 2011, 07:25 PM
Post #32

Advanced Member

Member No.: 14145

QUOTE(Gunship Guy @ Sep 4 2011, 09:51 AM) *

I recently read a review by someone who blamed a campground because their flip flops were stolen from the beach and their shower caddy disappeared after they, admittedly, left it in the shower.

Seems to me this is more of a problem with your fellow campers, not the campground. To lower a campground's rating because of this is disingenuous.

When giving reviews, please keep them directly related to what the campground offers and not your disappointment in the honesty of your fellow campers.

We've had a couple of instances where our cooler was broken into at our campsite...to me that's a reflection of campground security or lack of it. I've rated lower because of this but it certainly wasn't a deal breaker with my online reviews...more of a heads up for other RVers who might be staying at the campground.

Mike
+Quote Post
Wink
post Oct 22 2011, 05:52 AM
Post #33

Advanced Member

Member No.: 26986

QUOTE(mdcamping @ Oct 21 2011, 07:25 PM) *

We've had a couple of instances where our cooler was broken into at our campsite...to me that's a reflection of campground security or lack of it. I've rated lower because of this but it certainly wasn't a deal breaker with my online reviews...more of a heads up for other RVers who might be staying at the campground.

Mike

I don`t know where you were camping but are you sure it was a person? Raccoons, Squirrels and other critters get real smart that live around a campground, rolleyes.gif

Wink

--------------------
Home is where we park it.
+Quote Post
mdcamping
post Oct 22 2011, 04:15 PM
Post #34

Advanced Member

Member No.: 14145

QUOTE(Wink @ Oct 22 2011, 07:52 AM) *

I don`t know where you were camping but are you sure it was a person? Raccoons, Squirrels and other critters get real smart that live around a campground, rolleyes.gif

Wink

If they had opposable thumbs to open my cooler top latch and a taste for beer than maybe that could be true! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Actually it was two beach area campgrounds...most likely teenagers

Mike
+Quote Post
rgatijnet
post Oct 24 2011, 08:17 AM
Post #35

Advanced Member

Member No.: 28648

One of the parks that we have stayed at got a negative review because the user complained about the winds. Apparently they felt that the owners should somehow have been able to block the wind from blowing through their park. Of course the park was located in the middle of the Great Plains where high winds are pretty common. We have stayed at some parks in the Great Plains where it is against the rules to leave a canopy extended when you are absent. If you travel in the Great Plains, which covers from Texas to Canada, you can occasionally expect high winds and there is nothing a park owner can do about it. biggrin.gif
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
RVParkReviews.com