Dave-and-Ellen
post Apr 19 2010, 10:12 PM
Post #196

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 8277

QUOTE(Texasrvers @ Apr 19 2010, 08:03 PM) *

Dave-and Ellen,

DaveR is the username that submitted the review for Casey's Riverside RV Park. As I said before we could not find your review at first because we were looking for a review from Dave-and-Ellen, not DaveR. After we learned the name of the park we looked for the park name and found a review for it from DaveR and assumed this was you and that this was the review you were inquiring about. That review is On Hold because it is the only one you have submitted under the DaveR username.

Once you set up your username I do not know of a way to change it. And as for the time zone being off, mine is, too, but I don't know any reason why that will matter; so I wouldn't worry about it.

TX

OK, well, I do not know how the username and login name are not the same, but I guess it is OK. My other reviews were submitted in the same way, so who knows what name it is under, but I am not going to resubmit them.

OH, I know the Time does not matter, I just mentioned it in case I had it wrong.

Thank you again...

DaveR aka Dave-and-Ellen
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
torce
post Jun 7 2010, 08:31 PM
Post #197

Group: Moderated
Member No.: 43967

I've been reading reviews on your site for quite some time, and since I read a disparaging review of a campground that we have stayed at for some 30+ years, I finally decided to sign up and put in my own review. Unfortunately, after doing so, I find out that I must post multiple (2, 3 or 5???) reivews of different campgrounds (and that none can be more than 6 months old) or my reivews will never be seen.

Well, guess that ends your site for me. We have given up most of our "camping" travel, and now only go to one campground...the one I reviewed. I seriously doubt that, within a six month period, we will travel to 2, 3 or 5 campgrounds....at least not in the foreseeable future.

There's obviously nothing that I can do about your rules....BUT.... the only standing review (from 2005!!!) on your site of a fine campground does not in any way represent a true
picture of what people will find at Murphy's Camping on the Ocean in Nova Scotia. BTW, the campground is actually located in Murphy Cove, Nova Scotia.

Since you will not post my review, my suggestion would be for you to remove a 5 year old review, as if nothing else, it is horribly outdated.
+Quote Post
Texasrvers
post Jun 7 2010, 10:56 PM
Post #198

Advanced Member

Group: Admin
Member No.: 5452

torce,

Thank you for your comments and suggestions. Our rules were established to insure that only legimate reviews are submitted in a timely manner. This sometimes restricts a person such as you from submitting a review, but in the long run we feel it improves and protects the overall quality of the site.

Also just so you know, our rules do ask that a member submit 3 reviews before any is posted. The review should be for a stay date that is within the last six months, and we ask that a member wait 90 days before reviewing the same campground again. I can see that this is not compatible with your style of camping so the only suggestion I have for you is that the next time you stay at your favorite campground you might also stay at a second and third one around the same time and then submit all reviews. Then if our guidelines for submitting reviews are followed your reviews will be posted.

Finally the admins have suggested that older reviews be removed, but as of yet our very busy webmaster has not found the time to work on this.

Again thank you for you interest in rvparkreviews, and we hope you will be able to post reviews in the future.
+Quote Post
torce
post Jun 8 2010, 01:36 AM
Post #199

Texasrvers,

Thanks for your quick response.

I fully understand your need for rules.
Unfortunately, they don't mesh with our current lifestyle...a few years ago we could have
filled volumes with reviews for Nova Scotia and Newfoundland!! However, we're now lucky to grab a week or two of camping a year. Maybe some day when (if) we're able to retire! sad.gif

It's just that I find it unfortunate that others reading that single negative review will probably never experience staying at what is, in reality, a very nice campground.

Now, if you ever start reviewing hotels...... I can certainly fill you in about a few!! laugh.gif

Happy trails!!
+Quote Post
DXSMac
post Jun 8 2010, 01:11 PM
Post #200

Advanced Member

Member No.: 16651

Torce, the reverse is also true. I once stayed at a campground that, on this site had a RAVING review that was quite old (from 2003). I stayed at the campground in 2009 and, it was quite the opposite. Run down.

JJ

--------------------
JJ from Pacific Northwest

Check out my blog on TOADLESS RVing!
http://rvingtoadless.blogspot.com/

Feel free to leave me some suggestions.
+Quote Post
FosterImposters
post Jun 8 2010, 01:16 PM
Post #201

Advanced Member

Member No.: 17719

Hello Torce and welcome aboard the forum side!

When we first located this site, we too had too few camping sites to qualify posting here. You may want to try something we did.

Print out a handful of fliers from this website, and give them to friends you meet when camping at your one-and-only park. Tell folks to post THEIR reviews.

I now keep a couple fliers available for when we meet and 'click' with folks on the road. Perfect way to trade e-mail addresses using the back of the RVparkReviews flier.

Just a thought.
cool.gif
+Quote Post
torce
post Jun 14 2010, 07:57 AM
Post #202

Hi FosterImposters

Thanks for the suggestion re: the spare fliers. I have been thinking
about referring some of our fellow campers to this site. Passing
out some fliers might just work.

Have a great summer!!!
+Quote Post
torce
post Jun 14 2010, 08:16 AM
Post #203

Hi DXSMAC

Been there - done that!! That's one reason why I suggested removal of a single 5+ year old
negative review - things change - as many times for the worse as for the better.

I also hoped (in my review) to correct some of the information about the campground -
some of them aren't set up or appropriate for the huge rigs that seem to be so popular
these days.

Happy travels!!
+Quote Post
Retire2Travel
post Jun 17 2010, 08:44 AM
Post #204

Member No.: 27195

I do think this is a good idea to have added security to the reviews, because we base our choices for parks on the comments. The problem is I wish I had known this a little sooner because I posted a second review on the same park thinking it did not go through. Some kind of notice or notification should be posted when a comment is submitted to let people know why their review is being held. We are fairly new to camping and plan on referring to this site frequently, quicker postings of the reviews would be helpful.
+Quote Post
John Blue
post Jun 17 2010, 10:51 AM
Post #205

Advanced Member

Member No.: 214

We are working on the problems each day and hope this will go away soon. Remember this website is under heavy load at times due to all the reviews that pour in. The admins work hard to keep up with checked in the reviews. You can see a hundred or more hit the site in short time. Each review is checked before it goes on line to the public. All this takes time and someone to work the reviews. Changes will happen as soon as our webmaster can make them.

--------------------
John
Brandon, Fl.
FMCA F-248693
Foretravel MH
Honda CRV tow
+Quote Post
Texasrvers
post Jun 17 2010, 12:16 PM
Post #206

Advanced Member

What John has said is correct. We do receive a huge amount of reviews in the summer months, and the checkers have trouble keeping up at times. In some cases it may take several days for a review to appear. Last summer at one point we had a backlog of almost 1000 reviews. Fortunately summer is short, and the rest of the months sees a lighter load.

Let me also add that we do not hold reviews except for two reasons: 1. The reviewer has not yet sent in 3 reviews (for different parks) which is mandatory before any review is posted. This has been in place for several years now; and 2. When a large number of reviews is submitted, they remain on hold until a checker can get to them. We do try to post them as soon as possible. In some cases that may be as little as an hour or two, and in other cases it may be a day or two.

Other than this we do not hold reviews. If a review is not accepted for posting the reviewer should get a note telling them why the review has been deferred.

I hope this makes things a little clearer, and we look forward to getting your reviews in the future.
+Quote Post
JohnTucson
post Jul 5 2010, 10:25 AM
Post #207

Member No.: 37787

I thought I'd add my two cents to this long-running discussion (I hope my contribution is worth two cents!).

Reviews are just peoples' personal opinions. Opinions of the same park can differ widely, so you take that into account when you read the things people say here. Reviews that are a bit too gushingly positive ... eh, you take them with a grain of salt. After a while, the owner-written "reviews" are usually pretty easy to spot. Same can be said of the overly negative reviews, too.

I have no problem with the three-park rule for posting an individual's reviews. Frankly, there are plenty of reviews that could use more editing, in my opinion. I just laugh at some of the things people complain about ... the park was "too windy", or the girl at the check-in had a pierced tongue (I'm not kidding). And it seems to be SOP to complain about a park's long-term residents.

Personally, I don't really care about those kinds of things. What I want to see in a review are straightforward ... was the owner/manager friendly? Was the park noisy with traffic/trains? What's the park's neighborhood like? Any particularly interesting amenities of the park?

And while I understand wanting to quote a discounted rate based on some membership or another, that's not useful information for those who aren't in that club. Quote the regular price and then give the discount in the body of the review, if necessary.

Thanks for listening. This is one of the most useful websites on the net, in my opinion (hope that's not too gushingly positive!)
+Quote Post
Texasrvers
post Jul 5 2010, 11:10 AM
Post #208

Advanced Member

Welcome to the site, John Tucson, and thank you for your comments. You have made some very good points. We look forward to more posts from you. BTW I'd say your 2 cents is probably worth at least four cents. biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
Denali
post Jul 6 2010, 10:34 AM
Post #209

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2163

QUOTE(JohnTucson @ Jul 5 2010, 09:25 AM) *
And while I understand wanting to quote a discounted rate based on some membership or another, that's not useful information for those who aren't in that club. Quote the regular price and then give the discount in the body of the review, if necessary.
That's a very good point. It is important that folks who get a heavily discounted rate at least note that in their reviews, unless the park is strictly, exclusively, members only.

--------------------
Dave Rudisill
Fulltimer since 2002
2004 Beaver Monterey
+Quote Post
DOTLDaddy
post Jul 9 2010, 06:43 AM
Post #210

Member No.: 40545

Although I have used this website to check out campgrounds for several years, I have never posted a review until a couple weeks ago. Like many who did not read the fine print, I was wondering why my review was not posted. blink.gif

Upon reading the FAQ at the top of the home page, I realized I just had to wait a few days. Now, I find out that I must submit 3 or 5 (???) reviews before they are put into the queue to be posted.

I guess my point here is this. The rule that you must submit multiple reviews before any are considered is not mentioned in the FAQ at the top of the homepage. All it says is you must wait patiently for a few days. Not everyone goes to the trouble of tracking down the inside scoop on this forum, so I am sure many are left wondering why their single review was never posted, like me.

In closing, I will say I am not against the multiple review requirement. I just think it should be stated in the FAQ at the top of the homepage where most newbies would look first.

DOTLDaddy

--------------------
DOTLDaddy
+Quote Post

26 Pages V « < 12 13 14 15 16 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
RVParkReviews.com