Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Texas Permanent Rv Parks?
JBH
post Jun 21 2012, 04:39 PM
Post #16

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 14541

Somebody messed up and lost a good chance at shaking a few bucks out of some Canadians...LOL! JUST KIDDING HERE!!! (I happen to like Canadians based on several Alaska Highway trips, met some of the nicest people in the Yukon Territory).

Seriously though, I am in agreement with one of the previous posters that mentioned just purchasing a piece of land and owning it outright...however, I am pretty sure that out neighbors to the north might have an issue actually buying land in the states, I am pretty sure there are specific laws that govern that.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
eti
post Apr 7 2013, 10:09 AM
Post #17

Group: Moderated
Member No.: 77817

Hi,
We are new to this forum and would like some info from anyone interested. Basically we have a small (17 acre ranch) between Huntsville and Livingston, Texas, and maintain 4 rental mobil homes along the east side of our property. They are well maintained and recently the oldest of the 4 has vacated. It is on a cement slab and shaded with oak trees. My wife and I are discussing whether we should update and re-rent the trailer or remove it and put in two rv spots on the slab. (we have always had an interest in this type of business)
The water, electricity, and sewer would have to be converted to rv, but it is all there. We also could open the back yard to the rest of our ranch for a walking trail, as well as our fish pond (about 1 acre) Without getting to wordy here we are trying to find out if this is something that people would be interested in, or not? We would like it if we could get long term renters) This is not a club med but it would be very nice country living and close to a town with all the amenities most country people would want and we could incorporate any ideas and basically custom design it.
Would campers be interested in this quiet, private type of setting or do most want to be around a lot of similar type campers? Any info any of you have would be appreciated. Thanks
+Quote Post
docj
post Apr 7 2013, 10:42 AM
Post #18

Advanced Member

Member No.: 45503

These days there are plenty of people in the US living in RVs on a long-term or permanent basis so what you propose could make sense to them. What you propose is really no different from the rental homes you have now except that you would be providing RV utility connections without the homes themselves, sort of a "bring your own home."

The real issue I see is how do you find your "tenants" and whether or not you choose to advertise yourself as an "RV Park." IMHO there's a big difference between being a landlord who has a handful of long-term tenants and an RV park owner who has people coming and going, etc. Among other things you would need to have someone operate some kind of office, answer a telephone line, etc.

As for long-term RV residents, I think they would be fine with you not providing any amenities since they can arrange for those themselves. Plenty of traveling RVers also sometimes stay at places without TV, wifi, laundry, or bathrooms but not having any of those reduces the percentage of the RV population who would want to stay at your place.

I hope this is the sort of advice you were looking for.

--------------------
Joel Weiss
2000 Beaver Patriot Thunder--Cat C12
2014 Honda CR-V EX-L toad
WiFi Ranger Ambassador
RVParkReviews.com Administrator
Share our adventures at: Weiss Travels
+Quote Post
kcmoedoe
post Apr 7 2013, 11:12 AM
Post #19

Advanced Member

Member No.: 21445

QUOTE(eti @ Apr 7 2013, 10:09 AM) *

Hi,
We are new to this forum and would like some info from anyone interested. Basically we have a small (17 acre ranch) between Huntsville and Livingston, Texas, and maintain 4 rental mobil homes along the east side of our property. They are well maintained and recently the oldest of the 4 has vacated. It is on a cement slab and shaded with oak trees. My wife and I are discussing whether we should update and re-rent the trailer or remove it and put in two rv spots on the slab. (we have always had an interest in this type of business)
The water, electricity, and sewer would have to be converted to rv, but it is all there. We also could open the back yard to the rest of our ranch for a walking trail, as well as our fish pond (about 1 acre) Without getting to wordy here we are trying to find out if this is something that people would be interested in, or not? We would like it if we could get long term renters) This is not a club med but it would be very nice country living and close to a town with all the amenities most country people would want and we could incorporate any ideas and basically custom design it.
Would campers be interested in this quiet, private type of setting or do most want to be around a lot of similar type campers? Any info any of you have would be appreciated. Thanks

You would have to spend a lot of money to get anything other than people who want to live in a mobile home. Anyone living long term in an RV is either going to be looking for a social setting or a specific location. There aren't too many looking for really cheap rent, location and amenities be darned. To find RVers cost advertising dollars. Better to just run a local ad and get another renter, IMO. If you start to build an RV park, you will need way more than two sites to make it profitable, and you will need permits, build to codes etc. It is an expensive proposition and doesn't lead to instant returns on investment. Good Luck
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
RVParkReviews.com