RV Park Reviews

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Thousand Trails Membership, Is it worth it?
rvrover2010
post May 15 2011, 06:38 PM
Post #31

Group: Moderated
Member No.: 56884

TT has a new program called zone camping where you pick a zone where you plan on doing your camping. there is no joining fee but yearly dues of $ 499. Its kinda of a try it out without buying an expensive membership. There are lots of membership for sale just google camping membership resales. I recently purchased a platinum membership with nation wide camping with 21 days in with 1 week out or park to park unlimited. Some parks are nice while others are a little run down. I also have Passport America, Coast to Coast and RPI which also has nice parks and some real losers that I would not return to. It give me a wide range of parks to travel to as I am a full timer. Just do your research before you buy biggrin.gif
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
pianotuna
post May 17 2011, 12:51 PM
Post #32

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 10403

Hi rvrover,

I don't spend $500.00 per year on campsites--but I do use my RV between 50 and 60 nights per year.

--------------------
Regards,

Don
+Quote Post
Copacabana
post May 30 2011, 02:39 PM
Post #33

Member No.: 57342

QUOTE(EastPAcamper @ Apr 11 2007, 08:09 PM) *

Hey to everyone,

Got a call today from "Thousand trails" offering a free stay at one of thier sites. Was wondering if I could get some input from the more experienced people out there. Please all respond , good or bad.
I assume they hit you for a yearly member ship in exchange for a better chance for available sites???? Is it that costly? Or is it like those time shares and you sit through 30 hours of sales pitches and you by just so they shut up...... laugh.gif
Thank you ,

Mike

Be forewarned! Our experience with TT left us quite shocked. We had been members for several years. After selling our trailer we notified them that we were cancelling our membership. Our son had passed away shortly thereafter and when we got back on our feet called them as the bills were still coming. They finally did cancel and sent us a large bill for the interim period. We called trying to explain and basically had the rudest responses we have ever heard over the phone always ending with, "So how do you want to pay - by check or credit card?" We had thought of getting another membership when retiring but now would never think of it unless there is a change of personnel in their accounts payable office. We rate TT on a scale of 1 to 10 as "0" and would not recommend it to anybody!!
+Quote Post
FosterImposters
post May 30 2011, 10:04 PM
Post #34

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 17719

We are SOOOO glad we didn't plop down several hundred dollars for a couple nice looking campground memberships, when we first began full time RVing. It's a bums rush when they first discover you have purchased an RV of some kind.

Don't be fooled. There is no limit to parks, you are NOT going to be left out in the cold without their membership! Give yourself some time to investigate, both the TT parks and others.

If you find you only are comfortable in TT parks, then go for it. wink.gif

We have stretched those initiation moneys to enjoy some pretty nice campgrounds, RV Parks, a couple Resorts and still have $$$ to spare. In hindsight, we did NOT stay in the area we initially thought we'd spend most of our time.

The only time we were locked out...was on a holiday at a membership park! Good heavens am I glad we investigated first. cool.gif

Happy Camping!

+Quote Post
mini09
post Aug 23 2011, 04:02 PM
Post #35

Member No.: 62328

QUOTE(rvrover2010 @ May 15 2011, 07:38 PM) *

TT has a new program called zone camping where you pick a zone where you plan on doing your camping. there is no joining fee but yearly dues of $ 499. Its kinda of a try it out without buying an expensive membership. There are lots of membership for sale just google camping membership resales. I recently purchased a platinum membership with nation wide camping with 21 days in with 1 week out or park to park unlimited. Some parks are nice while others are a little run down. I also have Passport America, Coast to Coast and RPI which also has nice parks and some real losers that I would not return to. It give me a wide range of parks to travel to as I am a full timer. Just do your research before you buy biggrin.gif

What did you pay for the membership? Am wondering what mine is worth. I have had a Platinum Membership (since 1985) am wanting to sell. Timeshare Sellers are offering some unheard of resale prices - too good to be true.
+Quote Post
GaryMac
post Sep 3 2011, 09:13 AM
Post #36

Member No.: 62777

QUOTE(Lindsay Richards @ Aug 26 2008, 07:48 PM) *

We were totally turned off by the high pressure sales tactics. We listened for about 10 minutes and then told the guy I knew he worked on commission and he was wasting his time with us. He relented (we had committed to 90 minutes) said we could go. My wife then asked for our $75 Wal-Mart Gift cards. He was not a happy camper. He started at $17,500 and soon got down to $2,750, if we bought it today. Always a turn off for me. We left after 2 days and didn't bother with the 3 rd day. I was not impressed and I would think that there are many people out there willing to sell you their membership at a steep discount. The campground West of Orlando near I-4 was a below average campground and was very stupidly laid out.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
RVParkReviews.com