2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> A&e Electric Awnings, Problems With This Equipment
Tuscany
post Oct 13 2006, 06:47 AM
Post #16

Group: Members
Member No.: 9461

sad.gif I've got another problem to add. I have an A&E automatic awning that the water won't shed off of. A&E says it is designed to tilt to one side via the slot in the rear arm when water starts to accumulate. My dealer and myself fought with A&E to replace what appeared to be stretched out material and a sagging not bent roller tube. So my dealer replaced both, and the awning still won't shed the water, A&E claims this can't happen. I have an issue since I this is my 14th motor home and have never had an awning problem, the difference is all the others had carefree awnings, of which one of the carefree's was a power awning. Has anyone else experienced water pooling on your automatic awning? If so were you able to correct it? I am ready to have mine taken off and replace it with a carefree, or possibly seek legal help since nothing says anywhere the awning can't be used in the rain. Heavy storms no question but light rain when you want to sit out they are supposed to be able to handle it, A&E even admits that.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Beastdriver
post Oct 25 2006, 06:12 PM
Post #17

Advanced Member

Member No.: 408

I am pleased to report that, after numerous telephone calls and e-mails back and forth between me and A&E awnings, they have agreed to replace my wonderful automatic electric awning by refunding to me what I actually paid for the awning toward the purchase of a new A&E awning. They offered to replace the awning with a new automatic electric awning, but I said "no way." Instead, I selected a manual awning which was installed today by Camping World. While at Camping World, they noticed that my slide out topper awnings, also by A&E, were coming apart (after only 48 months), and I had to replace those too (out of my pocket). One of the technicians at Camping World told me that they are having to replace dozens of A&E awnings because of quality and durability problems. Will the Japanese please step forward and start making American RVs and parts?
+Quote Post
Beastdriver
post Nov 15 2006, 08:37 AM
Post #18

Advanced Member

Member No.: 408

Just a quick update. As noted earlier, A&E replaced my automatic, electric awnings with manual ones. On the older manual A&E awnings, they had a fairly sturdy pin that locked the awning against the frame for travelling. On the new awnings, they replaced the sturdy pin with a piece of plastic that you squeeze. These "locks" broke the third time I used them. My advice to anyone considering A&E awnings: Run, don't walk, to the nearest exit, and go find another brand.
+Quote Post
Browzin
post Nov 15 2006, 01:32 PM
Post #19

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2501

Beastdriver
Sorry to hear about your bad luck with the A&E awning.
Our last RV had a A&E awning and the only problem we ever had was the lock allowing it to billow open while driving.
On our current RV we have a Carefree of Colorado and in the 3 years that we have had it, we haven't had a single problem.
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
RVParkReviews.com