> Dog Repellant Tip
Wink
post Oct 29 2011, 06:39 PM
Post #16

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 26986

QUOTE(JDOLLEN @ Oct 27 2011, 06:12 AM) *

I think that I am doing all the right things to minimize her affect on other campers but am I, and other pet owners, being "oblivious"? Or are there that may irresponsible people who have pets out there?

In a short answer yes.Had a woman two sites from ours with three dogs at Fort Pickens in Florida that let her dog crap with in three feet in front of my steps and left it there.I did confront her with Lady I don`t crap next to your trailer so why do you let your dog do it to other campers? She had to go to her trailer and look for something to get it up in so she had no intention of picking up after them and these were not small dogs. Not that there is that many that do this kind of thing but it hurts the rest of pet owners and that is what is remembered.We were there two weeks and I am sure that may be twenty dogs a day came by our sight but that was the one I remembered. mad.gif I did see a few more at this same park in that two weeks not picking up but at least they were in the woods and not on a camp site.

--------------------
Home is where we park it.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
FosterImposters
post Oct 29 2011, 08:43 PM
Post #17

Advanced Member

Member No.: 17719

Wink is right. Unfortunately we remember the ones that are oblivious.
Currently across the street from what now is considered a "good" dog owner.
Morning: Door opens and dog comes out. No leash.

She completes her 'affairs' and goes back to the door to be let in. Owner comes out and cleans up. First hurdle cleared.

Next the owners come out, lock the RV door and drive off. Dog barking / howling inside RV. At least she tires of howling after a couple hours. Poor creature.

Owners return by mid-day and let her out again. Still no leash. Whew, she got to relieve herself again. Thank God (yellow lab) she knows where her boundries are.

Owners clean up and start the bbq and beers. Now, THEY become the issue. At least their dog is sleeping quietly under their rig...no leash.

Lower your expectations. cool.gif
+Quote Post
Nolan
post Oct 31 2011, 12:29 PM
Post #18

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1860

I haven't had any problems with owners letting their dogs pee on our things. Have had to clean up dog poo in a couple of sites we came into, but never after we have been there. Did have one guy have the problem with dog poo in front of his site. He went out and got several of these little flags on a wire and put them around the dog poo for all to see. No problems after that. laugh.gif

I have more problems with barking dogs. Kids running around screaming. No problem. Barking dog is like fingernails down a chalkboard. Talking about barking dogs to most owners is a waste of time. I think one of these days I'm going to get a recorder and some very large speakers and play their dogs barking back at them at 3 AM. smile.gif

--------------------
Nolan and JoAnn
2000 Kenworth T600
2004 Hitchhiker Champagne
2009 Toyota Matrix
http://2-on-the-road.blogspot.com/
Have one motorcycle loader for sale
+Quote Post
Emy
post Nov 14 2011, 01:00 PM
Post #19

Group: Moderated
Member No.: 64870

QUOTE(nedmtnman @ Oct 27 2011, 09:09 AM) *

We worked at an RV Park this summer as camp hosts. it was close to ATV trails so the ONLY rule we has was no riding of 4 wheelers in the park except to and from trails. I told folks that we didn't have a lot of rules. Just the Golden one. That worked well.

Great idea..... on saying you have one main rule. I own a business and will be using this one. smile.gif
+Quote Post
B. Kidd
post Apr 4 2012, 03:24 PM
Post #20

Advanced Member

Member No.: 55883

QUOTE(B. Kidd @ Oct 12 2011, 02:42 PM) *

We have spent the last two winters at a RV resort in Yuma. For some reason, last year we had more snowbirds then the year before whom RV with 2-3 dogs (mostly small ones) but walk them (or shall I say, the dogs walk them) with extension dog leashes; and they failed to keep them on a shorter leash. The park does have a lengthy dog walk, but this occurred on the way to the dog walk.
One lady walked three daschunds at the same time and she let them urinate on the front part of my site and my front tire covers 3-4 times. Finally, I politely confronted her about it, and she did not say anything in response, but if looks could kill, well, I would not be posting this now.
Anyways, to make a long story longer, a few similar isolated instances occurred with single dog owners.
I'm not the type to run to park mgmt. over every little thing, so halfway through last season I bought Repel II Dog Repellant granules and spread them generously over the front of my site.
Result: No Problemo!
Works great in small areas, like the front of my back-in site.
BTW, I like dogs, don't own any.
Repel II available at Wal-Marts or Petco.

PostScript:
Spent 5 months in Yuma this year.
Not a dog stain on my tirecovers this whole season.........not that some of them wanted to!
+Quote Post
melvonnar
post Jun 2 2012, 01:18 PM
Post #21

Member No.: 56105

QUOTE(B. Kidd @ Apr 4 2012, 03:24 PM) *

PostScript:
Spent 5 months in Yuma this year.
Not a dog stain on my tirecovers this whole season.........not that some of them wanted to!

Dog owners are like parents of roudy kids

Quote:
I pick up after my dog
truth:
If no ones looking
Quote:
My dog doesn't bite
truth:
little fido has half your leg in his mouth
Quote;
my dog doesn;t bark
truth:
he barks all the time but I"ve gotton so used to it I don"t here him

I could go on and on and on and on
+Quote Post
louimaurer
post Jun 26 2012, 09:43 PM
Post #22

Member No.: 70638

So many point of views here. This is something that dog owners should take a note of.

+Quote Post
vincee
post Jun 27 2012, 10:10 AM
Post #23

Advanced Member

Member No.: 36179

melvonnar has hit it on the head. When I had my dog, a beautiful Border Collie/Shepherd mix that looked like a wolf, I would walk him in a local park. If we came up on people that thought he looked mean, I would always say "Don't worry he's friendly" until this one time I had this guy tell me "that's what all you dog owners say!) and it struck me how stupid I sounded! Never said it again unless asked in advance "is he's friendly?".
+Quote Post
dog bone
post Jun 28 2012, 01:18 PM
Post #24

Advanced Member

Member No.: 250

I was asked if my dog bit. I said no. After I pulled the dog off the guy, he said I thought you said your dog didn't bite. I replied this is not my dog.

--------------------
Bob and Deb Allwood
Diesel, the black lab
2003 ford f 350 6.0 crew cab
2003 cedar creek 30' rlbs
+Quote Post
Tsimpson69
post Apr 14 2013, 01:36 AM
Post #25

Member No.: 77672

I'm sorta new to this site but something on this thread really bugs me, well several things. I agree that sometimes dog owners get accustomed to things and may forget what their cute fluffy is doing bothers the crap out of people. No pun intended. But those of you that are using repellents etc (ammonia) etc to keep dogs away really should stop and think about what you are doing. If a dog or any wild or domesticated animal ingests something you put out and becomes sick or dies you can be held responsible. Here is the part you really should consider, it in many states it would be a FELONY animal cruelty. You really should consider your actions. Defending yourself from a felony at best may bankrupt you. At worst you will end up possibly serving some time. This sounds extreme but it's not. If someone is letting fluffy deface your property call the law and let them handle it. Notify the resort etc. but don't put your liberty and families livelihood In jeopardy! Ok back to your regularly scheduled program!
+Quote Post
melvonnar
post Apr 14 2013, 10:07 AM
Post #26

QUOTE(Tsimpson69 @ Apr 14 2013, 01:36 AM) *

I'm sorta new to this site but something on this thread really bugs me, well several things. I agree that sometimes dog owners get accustomed to things and may forget what their cute fluffy is doing bothers the crap out of people. No pun intended. But those of you that are using repellents etc (ammonia) etc to keep dogs away really should stop and think about what you are doing. If a dog or any wild or domesticated animal ingests something you put out and becomes sick or dies you can be held responsible. Here is the part you really should consider, it in many states it would be a FELONY animal cruelty. You really should consider your actions. Defending yourself from a felony at best may bankrupt you. At worst you will end up possibly serving some time. This sounds extreme but it's not. If someone is letting fluffy deface your property call the law and let them handle it. Notify the resort etc. but don't put your liberty and families livelihood In jeopardy! Ok back to your regularly scheduled program!

I"m not worried about being sued from fluffy's owner when I put out my dog repelent' But fluffy's owner should be worried if fluffy bites me'; my first call will be to an atorney because I"ll sue the pants off the owner.
Do I hate dogs? "no" Just fluffys owner that thinks their dog is perfeck and an do no wrong.
+Quote Post
Tsimpson69
post Apr 14 2013, 01:42 PM
Post #27

Member No.: 77672

QUOTE(melvonnar @ Apr 14 2013, 11:07 AM) *

I"m not worried about being sued from fluffy's owner when I put out my dog repelent' But fluffy's owner should be worried if fluffy bites me'; my first call will be to an atorney because I"ll sue the pants off the owner.
Do I hate dogs? "no" Just fluffys owner that thinks their dog is perfeck and an do no wrong.

I agree if Fluffy bites you his owner will be in a world of trouble, and rightly should be held responsible. I am talking about the repellent you put out. If it kills the dog, or a wild animal, in most states today you will be in trouble. I am not talking about a civil problem from the dog's owner, I am talking about criminal charges you can face. I do know what I am talking about, I am a retired criminal prosecutor. I meant it as a precaution and something to think about. AZ is a state that has STIFF criminal fines and possible jail time for animal cruelty. You put out a chemical agent for what ever reason (even if the bottle says it's harmless) you are responsible for any damage caused by it. I don't even want to think about what happens if a child were to happen to ingest it.

Dog owner's really should take better care of where they let little precious roam, yap, poop, etc. Then this whole conversation would be pointless!

Oh and one last point, If a Federally Protected (Endangered Species) Animal were to come in contact with the repellent and die, If you are caught you will be in a world of trouble you can't even fathom. Just food for thought.

Referenced: Arizona Criminal Code Title 13, Chapter 29 (13-2910)

+Quote Post
melvonnar
post Apr 14 2013, 06:41 PM
Post #28

QUOTE(Tsimpson69 @ Apr 14 2013, 01:42 PM) *

I agree if Fluffy bites you his owner will be in a world of trouble, and rightly should be held responsible. I am talking about the repellent you put out. If it kills the dog, or a wild animal, in most states today you will be in trouble. I am not talking about a civil problem from the dog's owner, I am talking about criminal charges you can face. I do know what I am talking about, I am a retired criminal prosecutor. I meant it as a precaution and something to think about. AZ is a state that has STIFF criminal fines and possible jail time for animal cruelty. You put out a chemical agent for what ever reason (even if the bottle says it's harmless) you are responsible for any damage caused by it. I don't even want to think about what happens if a child were to happen to ingest it.

Dog owner's really should take better care of where they let little precious roam, yap, poop, etc. Then this whole conversation would be pointless!

Oh and one last point, If a Federally Protected (Endangered Species) Animal were to come in contact with the repellent and die, If you are caught you will be in a world of trouble you can't even fathom. Just food for thought.

As always: The acusser must have proof positive; As an X
criminal prosecutor you must know this. I"ve read of criminals getting off even if guilty on a tecknacality. (sorry about the spelling).

There is nothing that gets people worked up more than a negitive post about their fluffy. The preceding posts are proof of that.
+Quote Post
Tom
post Apr 18 2013, 07:10 AM
Post #29

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1770

QUOTE(Tsimpson69 @ Apr 14 2013, 12:42 PM) *

These repellants are just that, repellant. They smell bad. I can't imagine an animal or kid ingesting them. From what I've read, most repellants are actually made from natural, non-toxic ingredients that fade quickly, many times only lasting 1-2 weeks.

Animal repellants are used very commonly around home gardens (especially to ward of deer!!), and I've never heard of a problem with them. Almost any garden center carries them.

--------------------
2008 F-250 5.4L CrewCab
2004 21' Forest River Surveyor TT
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
RVParkReviews.com