> Traveling With Dogs, Traveling with Dogs
jmo
post Oct 31 2006, 11:28 AM
Post #31

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 8474

smile.gif Sadie and Bucky are darling!

Jmo, we are in Alamance County so we are not far from you. Have you camped at Jordan Lake? That is where we went and it was lovely

No, we have never stayed at Jordan Lake but know of it. We still have a teen at home and all the boys have always enjoyed the coast. We are up not far from Falls Lake. We will be "free" one day to take our pets and go wherever and whenever smile.gif

A few parks do not allow dogs to be left unattended, we saw why in one park where the people left the dog tied to the picnic table, left for the day, the dog got tangled, the lead was too short for the dog to get out of the sun and had spilled his water. Beside the annoyance of its continuous barking, his health was in danger. The staff unhooked the dog and put it in a pen behnd the store until the owners returned. The owners of the dog had the nerve to get angry at them for taking the dog.

My husband just said "if we could only do that to THEM" mad.gif

jmo

--------------------
Kate
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Leezerman
post Oct 31 2006, 02:51 PM
Post #32

Member No.: 9532

smile.gif My wife and I have always travelled with our dogs and we have 3 now (mini schnauzers) that are part of our family. We always pickup after them, and keep them as quiet as possible. I just had a run in with a fellow camper that let his dog roam because his dog is a good dog and would not hurt a flea however when I threatened to have his "good dog" hauled off because it was pooping all over others camp sites and driving our dogs and others crazy. He finally got the hint and leashed him up. Moral of the story Be respectful of fellow campers in all that you do and please pay attention to what is going on around you...Have a great day biggrin.gif
P.S. I dont mind paying a dollar a day per dog because not everyone does pickup after them and someone has to.
+Quote Post
Butch
post Oct 31 2006, 03:38 PM
Post #33

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3801

But why o'why should any dog owner have to pay a fee for those who choose not to clean up after their dogs. Personally we will not stay at any campground that does charge the per day dog fee. We clean up after our dog, and again feel that it is not our monetary duty to pay for the clean up of the mess of others. Campground owners, managers, or whoever, should put the blame squarely where it belongs. Years ago we camped at a cg that did not allow dogs, the cg was quiet, and of course clean of any do-do. At this time, years ago, we boarded our four legged "kid". I have to believe that it's just another fee to enrich the pockets for the campground. Sorry, but this is how we feel on the subject.

--------------------
Butch & Kathy
and "Greta"
says, "me too !"
FMCA # F412606
+Quote Post
stonybirch
post Nov 1 2006, 03:11 PM
Post #34

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1967

QUOTE(Cheryl Fuller @ Oct 30 2006, 09:45 PM) *

dmsscs, we have 2 maltese dogs that travel with us. Bucky, the oldest, who is 1, loves to ride up on the dash and watch everything. Sadie is 7 months old, and her favorite spot is under my chair. She doesn't much care where we are going, as long as she gets to go along!!! We do take an exercise pen with us and when we are sitting outside, they are put in their pen. It always irritates me to come outside or return back to the motorhome and find "gifts" left by other people's dogs. I can't even imagine letting one of mine on someone else's site, let alone leave their poop for other's to pick up.

Bucky
IPB Image

Sadie
IPB Image

They are soooo Cute! We have two maltese also. Mandy is almost 2 and Maggie is 4 mos. They both love to go in the RV. We keep them on a leash and always, always pick up after them. My husband has a 'thing' mad.gif for dogs, cats that are not under the owners control at all times. It is not fair to the animal. When we traveled to Alaska (over 9000 miles) we were amazed how many people allowed their animals to roam free--one camper had 7 large dogs and all were running free!!! I also have a problem with people coming up and petting 'our girls' without asking! I know they are cute and very friendly--but stangers don't! rolleyes.gif
+Quote Post
ne-ormond
post Nov 8 2006, 10:48 AM
Post #35

Member No.: 9809

sad.gif I like dogs and do not own any now. Since I started traveling and staying at campgrounds almost a weekend or more a month for the past three years I am getting more and more of not liking them. If you people want to take your pets (mostly referring to dogs) to campgrounds it is true you can do what you want in your rig. However, once they step outside I recommend you follow the rules and myself and others should report violations. Biggest violation is letting them off leash. One campground in Vicksburg, MS, I didn't notice the neighbor had their approx. 20 lb. dog off leash. As I drove off on my motorcycle at the 10 mph speed limit the dog charged my bike. I was ready to run it flat over or kick it in the head but it backed off. I have had people walking their dogs and let them urinate on my site at many campgrounds. Let them urinate on your campsite or take them to the dog walk areas to do it. One campground a camper in a huge coach had two great danes they could barely control while walking and urinating on other campers sites. I think campgrounds should crack down and give people one warning for dogs off leash and then you are out of there! I almost forgot to mention habitual barkers where people leave their RV and go out all day and their dog barks constantly. This is another item that if you want to have your dog bark all day and you don't have to listen to it while you are out and about, find a campground with people who like the "music". In one campground, a dog was loose and a woman almost yelled at me saying nastily, "is that YOUR dog". I said no, but I sure would like to take it for a ride somewhere....

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image Attached Image
+Quote Post
jmo
post Nov 8 2006, 04:27 PM
Post #36

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8474

sad.gif have to agree with your decision not to get a dog. Urinating on campsite...you mean that grass that runs along roadway unsure.gif

I could understand if they urinated on your bike mad.gif

jmo

--------------------
Kate
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
RVParkReviews.com