RV Park Reviews

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Review Not Posted, I've read the rules ......
docj
post Apr 29 2013, 12:20 AM
Post #31

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 45503

QUOTE(Jerry S. @ Apr 29 2013, 12:10 AM) *

Back to the part of this thread that discussed the need to moderate the incoming reviews. I recently read a review of the Ameristar Vickburg (MS) RV Park. Except for calling the park "rundown" and not getting a 50Amp site until they threatened to leave, the reviewer said little about the RV park. In fact, they actually wrote "I guess my rating is based not so much on the park as on Vicksburg itself". That's just wrong.

I agree that the review you have cited should not have been posted as written. I know that this website uses volunteer reviewers who do their best to ensure that posted reviews adhere to site standards. However, as is the case with any activity involving multiple individuals exercising subjective evaluations, no two reviewers have exactly the same standards for acceptable review content.

I'm sure that your post pointing out the deficiencies of this review will result in it being re-evaluated and, most likely, being revised. IMHO bringing your concerns to the attention of the administrative team was very appropriate.

--------------------
Joel Weiss
2000 Beaver Patriot Thunder--Cat C12
2014 Honda CR-V EX-L toad
WiFi Ranger Ambassador
RVParkReviews.com Administrator
Share our adventures at: Weiss Travels
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Luvtheroad
post Apr 29 2013, 12:16 PM
Post #32

Advanced Member

Member No.: 45805

Speaking of odd reasons to downgrade a park, I was just looking today at a review that gave the campground a "1" rating. One of the reasons given was that the "camper doors faced north". Over the years, I'm sure my camper door has faced in all four directions and every point in between. I guess I don't spend a lot of time being concerned about which direction it faces. I'm happy as long as it isn't facing "down" or "up".
+Quote Post
Fitzjohnfan
post Apr 29 2013, 01:40 PM
Post #33

Advanced Member

Member No.: 41655

QUOTE(jamarynn1 @ Apr 29 2013, 12:16 PM) *

Speaking of odd reasons to downgrade a park, I was just looking today at a review that gave the campground a "1" rating. One of the reasons given was that the "camper doors faced north". Over the years, I'm sure my camper door has faced in all four directions and every point in between. I guess I don't spend a lot of time being concerned about which direction it faces. I'm happy as long as it isn't facing "down" or "up".

I read that review also, and scratched my head as to the "doors North" comment and also the very low rating given. All the other recent ratings were glowing for that park, so this is one of those most of us will "bloop" over, chalking it up to a confused camper.

--------------------
Chris G.
FMCA: F3508-S
1989 32' Southwind MH
+Quote Post
HappiestCamper
post Apr 30 2013, 06:58 AM
Post #34

Advanced Member

Member No.: 15651

QUOTE(Fitzjohnfan @ Apr 29 2013, 03:40 PM) *

I read that review also, and scratched my head as to the "doors North" comment and also the very low rating given. All the other recent ratings were glowing for that park, so this is one of those most of us will "bloop" over, chalking it up to a confused camper.

This one got discussed a lot at rv.net, and it was surmised that since it was January, maybe the cold north wind was a problem.

Or maybe their tin foil helmet doesn't align well with magnetic north when the door faces that direction.
+Quote Post
RLM
post Apr 30 2013, 08:13 AM
Post #35

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8584

QUOTE(HappiestCamper @ Apr 30 2013, 07:58 AM) *

This one got discussed a lot at rv.net, and it was surmised that since it was January, maybe the cold north wind was a problem.

Wow! The reviewer got nationwide negative attention with that one. Perhaps it could serve as a good lesson for them, and maybe others, to be careful in what one says in a review. The Rules for Submitting a review do say to concentrate on the facilities, amenities, and services. They may not have been read.
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
RVParkReviews.com