> What Are Your Pet Peeves Rv'ing?
BC Wanderer
post Mar 27 2013, 07:23 AM
Post #76

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 16768

QUOTE(John316 @ Mar 26 2013, 07:20 PM) *

This may not be too popular here, but we'll see.

I don't care for the RV'ers that don't have a clue (applies to about any vehicle). They will cruise whatever speed they want, pull out into the left lane doing 65, while speedlimit is 75, to pass someone. Then take forever to pass them (not minding the fact that some of us are cruising a very strong 75-80). The leapfroggers who can't drive a consistent speed. The really slow folks on two lane highways. Most of those folks I usually just get a kick out of.

Also the RV parks that advertise themselves as family friendly and charge 3 extra per person. They are NOT family friendly.

Sorry for the rant, but felt good....

I have the same loath for "left lane loafers". The left lane is a passing lane not a travelling lane. So many people just move over and stay. It is against the law in many provinces and states. I just wish it was enforced.

Darrell
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Florida Native
post Mar 27 2013, 07:30 AM
Post #77

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4762

And they still have on their left turn blinker from yesterday.

--------------------
Lindsay Richards
http://www.linandnancy.com
Formerly Lindsay Richards
+Quote Post
vincee
post Mar 27 2013, 08:46 AM
Post #78

Advanced Member

Member No.: 36179

IMO its the advent of cruise control on almost every vehicle out there now. People set theirs at the speed they think is perfect and are impervious to the rest of the world around them.
+Quote Post
Tom
post Mar 27 2013, 11:01 AM
Post #79

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1770

QUOTE(vincee @ Mar 27 2013, 07:46 AM) *

IMO its the advent of cruise control on almost every vehicle out there now. People set theirs at the speed they think is perfect and are impervious to the rest of the world around them.

I wish they would use the cruise control!! Every time I'm on the highway there are the people who speed up to 70mph, then slowly drop down to 55mph... then speed up to 70mph. If they actually used cruise control highway travel would be much better.

Of course, the reason they are going slow and fast is because they are on the cell phone...

--------------------
2008 F-250 5.4L CrewCab
2004 21' Forest River Surveyor TT
+Quote Post
wpr
post Mar 27 2013, 12:04 PM
Post #80

Advanced Member

Member No.: 5036

Lindsay Richards:

Then there's the other type who never uses the blinker, after all, they know where they're going....
+Quote Post
mdcamping
post Mar 27 2013, 04:19 PM
Post #81

Advanced Member

Member No.: 14145

I go usually between 62 to 67 mph, I love seeing the TT's flying past me probably over 75+ with the their trailers fish tailing..... blink.gif

Mike
+Quote Post
Bearcat
post Mar 28 2013, 09:10 AM
Post #82

Member No.: 77152

Campers who wake me up when they get up around 6:00am by triggering their car alarms. Why does it take so long for this person to shut off the alarm on a vehicle they owned for years

It"s not like ( nice campgrounds ) have major auto theft /chop shop problems.

Flip side: Same MH , a 4x4 truck pulls up, beeps horn. (8:00am).

Must be perm residents working in the area.

--------------------
Full Time RV'er
Former Business owner
+Quote Post
John316
post Mar 30 2013, 11:51 PM
Post #83

Advanced Member

Member No.: 35825

QUOTE(mdcamping @ Mar 27 2013, 05:19 PM) *

I go usually between 62 to 67 mph, I love seeing the TT's flying past me probably over 75+ with the their trailers fish tailing..... blink.gif

Mike

I agree on the TT, Mike. However, we are the largest MH (height, length and almost on the weight) that is legal on the roads. We pin at least the speed limit (unless we have high winds), and my fav is 75+. I enjoy the ride lol biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
mdcamping
post Mar 31 2013, 10:13 AM
Post #84

Advanced Member

Member No.: 14145

QUOTE(John316 @ Mar 31 2013, 01:51 AM) *

I agree on the TT, Mike. However, we are the largest MH (height, length and almost on the weight) that is legal on the roads. We pin at least the speed limit (unless we have high winds), and my fav is 75+. I enjoy the ride lol biggrin.gif

John316, Hope I didn't offend you...In the Northeast the highways are not long and straight and often congested. Seen a lot of the TT's not driving safely. smile.gif

Mike
+Quote Post
John316
post Mar 31 2013, 12:46 PM
Post #85

Advanced Member

Not at all, Mike. I agree. The NE is different. We just came from out west so that is what I was thinking of. Of course there aren't many places out East that we can't run the limit, but it does all depend on the road.

Cheers.

John
+Quote Post
Florida Native
post Mar 31 2013, 01:07 PM
Post #86

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4762

We rarely go much over 60. Not in any hurry and the fuel milage is much better.

--------------------
Lindsay Richards
http://www.linandnancy.com
Formerly Lindsay Richards
+Quote Post
docj
post Mar 31 2013, 08:44 PM
Post #87

Advanced Member

Member No.: 45503

QUOTE(John316 @ Mar 31 2013, 01:51 AM) *

You may be the exception but IMHO the majority of MH's that go past at speeds that high are clearly not in good control of their vehicles.

Today on I-40 in AZ and NM the vast majority of the 18-wheelers were keeping pace with me at ~65 with a few running in the 65-70 range despite a posted speed limit of 75 and no winds. Most drivers of heavy vehicles know that they are not designed for speeds much higher than that.

I know I can't change your mind, but do me the favor of letting me know where you are traveling so I can make sure to stay off the road and out of your way.

And before you accuse me of being a white-knuckled, gray-haired old fart, I'll let you know that I have a Class B CDL and believe that my remarks are consistent with everything I know about driving heavy vehicles.

--------------------
Joel Weiss
2000 Beaver Patriot Thunder--Cat C12
2014 Honda CR-V EX-L toad
WiFi Ranger Ambassador
RVParkReviews.com Administrator
Share our adventures at: Weiss Travels
+Quote Post
nedmtnman
post Apr 1 2013, 09:33 AM
Post #88

Advanced Member

Member No.: 26175

62 MPH is where I get the best fuel mileage so that's where I drive pulling the 5er.

One of my peeves is and there really isn't much that can be done about it people pulling up to the only diesel pump on the auto island and blocking both sides of the pump getting gasoline while I sit and wait to get diesel.

--------------------
We are now off the road but this is what we fulltimed in.
2003 Ford F-350
2003 Keystone Everest 343L
Bill and Bob guard cats.
+Quote Post
John316
post Apr 1 2013, 05:25 PM
Post #89

Advanced Member

QUOTE(docj @ Mar 31 2013, 09:44 PM) *

You may be the exception but IMHO the majority of MH's that go past at speeds that high are clearly not in good control of their vehicles.

I know I can't change your mind, but do me the favor of letting me know where you are traveling so I can make sure to stay off the road and out of your way.

And before you accuse me of being a white-knuckled, gray-haired old fart, I'll let you know that I have a Class B CDL and believe that my remarks are consistent with everything I know about driving heavy vehicles.

Hiya DocJ. Glad to hear from you. I do agree with you that most MH that we pass should be going that 60 range, or whatever they feel comfortable with. But, my original comments came from folks doing that in the left lane. The reality is if you are retired and have plenty of time, do whatever makes you happy.

Oh yes, and I do have a current Class B with endorsements, med card, etc, and I drive commercially too.

We just came from that area on I40 making a run for home, a few days ago. Always enjoy it down there. Hammer down and running. You are right, most of the trucks are rolling about 70 for fuel economy. We average about 8mpg at 75. Not too bad for what we weigh.

And no, I do not intend to turn this into a shouting match. Just having fun. To each his own, and if you don't have a schedule, no reason not to slow down in the right lane. We usually have a pretty intense schedule so we roll when we can, unless weather is bad (includes wind).

Cheers
+Quote Post
docj
post Apr 1 2013, 08:13 PM
Post #90

Advanced Member

Member No.: 45503

John--

You might have been the older Prevost that passed me on I-40 on Easter Sunday. If so, you were definitely under control. Not at all like the rental MH's that often fly by during the summer. Many of them are sporting a lethal combination of drivers from other countries driving large vehicles in an unfamiliar environment. Gives me goosebumps just thinking about it.

Joel

--------------------
Joel Weiss
2000 Beaver Patriot Thunder--Cat C12
2014 Honda CR-V EX-L toad
WiFi Ranger Ambassador
RVParkReviews.com Administrator
Share our adventures at: Weiss Travels
+Quote Post

10 Pages V « < 4 5 6 7 8 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
RVParkReviews.com