Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Adult Parks?, No kids please!
gwbischoff
post Aug 22 2007, 05:52 PM
Post #16

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 13685

"This is not really on topic, but I always get a chuckle out of the designation "adult park". I wonder if it is like an adult movie? "

When I saw the thread I was like "woo-HOO!" Let's see the reviews on *those* parks"...

--------------------
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.
-- Benjamin Franklin, 1759.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
John Blue
post Aug 23 2007, 08:15 AM
Post #17

Advanced Member

Member No.: 214

Katiekat,

OK, I checked under Google "Adult RV Campgrounds" and see the list runs on for pages with adult RV parks. You will find them all over the USA so it should not be a problem to pick out ones you would like to travel to. Good luck! tongue.gif

--------------------
John
Brandon, Fl.
FMCA F-248693
Foretravel MH
Honda CRV tow
+Quote Post
Katiekat
post Aug 24 2007, 09:07 PM
Post #18

Member No.: 16020

Thanks, everyone, for your great responses - I really appreciate it, and thanks for the welcome greetings too! I'm glad to be a new member.......hoping to buy a new popup soon.
+Quote Post
cathycamping
post Aug 25 2007, 10:43 AM
Post #19

Member No.: 9113

I'd be careful of "adult park". My husband and I ran into one, that really was "adult" with themes. Needless to say we didn't stay there. I guess the high fence all around the grounds should have tipped us off. We thought it was because it was way up north and was meant to keep the animals (deer, bear, etc.) out of the grounds and garbage.

Live and Learn -- lol
+Quote Post
Scottish Terrier
post Aug 26 2007, 11:51 PM
Post #20

Advanced Member

Member No.: 13833

Many "Adult Parks" offer their sites to only those 55 or older. Be careful of this while researching this type of campground. Good Luck! tongue.gif
+Quote Post
Junyah
post Aug 30 2007, 11:13 AM
Post #21

Group: Moderated
Member No.: 16248

QUOTE(RLM @ Aug 22 2007, 12:53 PM) *

Butch> If you hadn't made the comment I was going to. It was a simple request for information not requiring a judgement as a response.

Katiekat> Generally, I would try to avoid the campgrounds with the pools and playground equipment. Resorts where sites are owner purchased then rented when the owner isn't there typically have an older crowd. I also like state and corp of engineer parks. The are usually far enough off the beaten path that you will have some "peace and quiet"; especially during the week days.

Good luck and also welcome to the forum.

ohmy.gif We have camped all of our lives, but just recently purchased a trailer for the first time. The wife and I were discussing going away for a long weekend for our 23rd anniverssary and we decided to see if we could find a place more suited to adults. So of course I type into google, "Adult campgrounds" and what I got was a list of clothing otipnal and Gay and Lesbian friendly campgrounds. Through some friends who got a good chuckle, we were advised to try state parks and such which typically have no planned activties, pools etc that attract families with children. For the record we have children, they do camp with us. They are wll mannered, but they are kids.
+Quote Post
Sunflyer
post Aug 31 2007, 01:33 PM
Post #22

Advanced Member

Member No.: 610

You can also consider traveling during the school week when you can use most any rv park. Avoid weekends in any park that has a pool or playground. Avoid holiday weekends in any state or national park.

The only problem that can occur when depending on the definition of "adult" park is that often they are retirement parks and the folks in them are much, much older than your "40ish" age. They consider you the nuisance because you are too young.

Travel when school is in session and you'll have lots more options and the quiet you seek.
+Quote Post
Katiekat
post Aug 31 2007, 03:00 PM
Post #23

Member No.: 16020

Travel when school is in session and you'll have lots more options and the quiet you seek.

See, I can't travel during the school week - I am a teacher! Ugh! I guess what I seek is quiet parks - older folks are just fine in my book, lol....I'm not there for the socializing aspect, but for the relaxation part of it. Thanks, everyone, for all your great ideas!
+Quote Post
k4a
post Sep 1 2007, 04:24 PM
Post #24

Group: Moderated
Member No.: 16339

QUOTE(rodman @ Aug 21 2007, 07:22 PM) *

I have respect for others, but I'm also not so arrogant that I believe when I'm eating in a fine restaurant everyone should be quiet just for me. I would love to see you the first time you are in a place whether it be a nice place or not when your grandchild acts up and believe me they will, sing to me then. BTW, this is not what KatieKat was asking. Also, congradulations, there's nothing like it.

rodman,
Actually it doesn't sound like you have respect for others. If you did you wouldn't be so arrogant to think you and your grandchild can go where ever you want without regard to everyone else. If you and your grandchild can behave in public then please enjoy all that life has to offer. If you can’t behave appropriate to your surroundings then please do us all a favor and stick with Chuck E. Cheese until you’re both up to speed on social etiquette.

I can think of nothing worse then finding you and your grandchild at the table next to me while I try to enjoy a nice evening out. You’re the reason people avoid “Kids Eat Free” night at the Sizzler. rolleyes.gif

K4A
+Quote Post
Beastdriver
post Sep 1 2007, 05:34 PM
Post #25

Advanced Member

Member No.: 408

k4a:

Will you marry me? I think I've found a soulmate.
+Quote Post
Cheryl Fuller
post Sep 3 2007, 12:54 AM
Post #26

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3340

Won't Mrs. Beastdriver have something to say about that???

--------------------
Cheryl
+Quote Post
Beastdriver
post Sep 3 2007, 07:55 AM
Post #27

Advanced Member

Member No.: 408

Cheryl:

Welcome back. Where have you been? I was getting concerned. Regarding my marriage proposal, I would do almost anything to avoid screaming kids at the table next to me at a fine restaurant.
+Quote Post
Cheryl Fuller
post Sep 3 2007, 11:16 AM
Post #28

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3340

I completely agree - I love kids - I am a mother and a grandmother, but it irritates the crap out of me to go out for a nice quiet dinner and have unruly children seated near us. And usually, the parents are acting totally oblivious to their behaviour. When my kids were young, they were taught to sit at the table, not run all over the place and disturb others, and we require the same from my grandson when he goes out to eat with us. We were recently in a restaurant where some children were running and bumping into people, then one of them was standing on the seat and jumping up and down. I saw the manager watching them and was hoping he would say something to the family, but he never did. Now, when we go out, if they take us to a table that has children nearby, we generally ask for another table. Guess that makes us sound like old grouches, but we want to be able to relax and enjoy our conversation.

--------------------
Cheryl
+Quote Post
Texasrvers
post Sep 3 2007, 12:58 PM
Post #29

Advanced Member

Group: Admin
Member No.: 5452

Sorry this isn't on topic, but I just wanted to say "Hi" to Cheryl. I, too, have been wondering where you were. We have needed you to keep these "big bad boys" in line. laugh.gif Glad you're back.
+Quote Post
rodman
post Sep 5 2007, 10:05 AM
Post #30

Advanced Member

Member No.: 7857

QUOTE(k4a @ Sep 1 2007, 03:24 PM) *

QUOTE(rodman @ Aug 21 2007, 07:22 PM) *

I have respect for others, but I'm also not so arrogant that I believe when I'm eating in a fine restaurant everyone should be quiet just for me. I would love to see you the first time you are in a place whether it be a nice place or not when your grandchild acts up and believe me they will, sing to me then. BTW, this is not what KatieKat was asking. Also, congradulations, there's nothing like it.

rodman,
Actually it doesn't sound like you have respect for others. If you did you wouldn't be so arrogant to think you and your grandchild can go where ever you want without regard to everyone else. If you and your grandchild can behave in public then please enjoy all that life has to offer. If you can’t behave appropriate to your surroundings then please do us all a favor and stick with Chuck E. Cheese until you’re both up to speed on social etiquette.

I can think of nothing worse then finding you and your grandchild at the table next to me while I try to enjoy a nice evening out. You’re the reason people avoid “Kids Eat Free” night at the Sizzler. rolleyes.gif

K4A
+Quote Post

4 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
RVParkReviews.com