2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Reluctant Wife, Seeking input
Chalet
post May 1 2004, 07:53 PM
Post #16

Group: Members
Member No.: 183

Camping is a lot of togetherness. Over the years we have done the tent, popup, 5thwheel while fulltiming and now back to a simple hard sided, A frame popup which goes up in less than a minute and we love it. Unfortunately if one does not enjoy camping it just seems like a lot of WORK. We were fulltime for 4 years and we were both equally involved which I think is the way it has to be if you still want to be friends!!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
kimper47755
post May 29 2004, 09:11 PM
Post #17

Member No.: 523

We have been camping for years. We meaning myself, hubby, children & dog. I have to say I am NOT a fan of tent camping at all. If you are going to tent camp may I suggest you place a tarp under your tent before sleeping and bring along a small futon mattress. This may make it a bit more comfortable for your wife. rolleyes.gif
+Quote Post
onemantwokids
post Jun 16 2004, 08:59 AM
Post #18

Member No.: 693

Hi, I'm a former reluctant wife myself and now love camping. First of all, don't go complete wilderness with your wife to start out. Check this site and ask others for advice on finding a modern campground with clean modern facilities. You may also want to try a rental. Many campgrounds have beautiful RV's and nice cabins you can rent. As for tenting, we have the Paha Que Poma Valley tent. It's huge, well constructed and goes up easily in 10-15 minutes. Check out pahaque.com to see their selection of tents. Good luck to you.
+Quote Post
Tony S.
post Jun 19 2004, 01:28 AM
Post #19

Member No.: 721

Have you thought about a small RV ,like a B class motorhome based on a van chassis,also known as camper vans? We find it perfect for 2. Ours is an older model Roadtrek and it's perfect for touring or camping,and easy to maneuver and find a place to park. It is our first motorhome and cannot imagine doing it any other way.It's easy to see why they call our model the "Versatile". Ummm....14-16 mpg ain't that bad when you're carrying ALL the comforts of home.Don't let the sticker prices of the new ones scare you away,as they are very high. As I said,ours is old ('88) but in great shape and bought for less than 6k. I think your better half would love it, and you don't have quite as much hassle or expense with a unit this size. Makes a fine 2nd car too!

...food for thought!

Tony
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
RVParkReviews.com