RV Park Reviews

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Looking For Christian Family Campgrounds...
Cresco299
post Jun 29 2010, 09:54 AM
Post #16

Group: Moderated
Member No.: 45119

QUOTE(Melissa D. SC @ Jun 8 2010, 02:37 PM) *

If anyone else sees this thread and can suggest any other Campgrounds that would be Christian, family friendly....it would be greatly appreciated!!!
Blessings,
Melissa D. SC

Spruce Lake Retreat
http://www.sprucelake.org/

This is a great place to stay North Eastern PA. I admit that I've never stayed here myself, but I live right down the road and have many friends who work there. I have been invited by them to partake in occasional activities at the camp, so that might make me a little impartial! There is a lot going on there, and a campground is only a small portion of their ministry. It's a retreat / conference center & summer camp for kids. There is a lot do on site (which is heavily forested, sprawling for over 800 acres), but if you wish to leave the camp, you'll find yourself smack dab in the middle of the Pocono Mountains with lots of activities to keep you busy.

Another one that I know absolutely nothing about is The Highland Retreat.
http://www.highlandretreat.org

I only mention this one because (1) It's probably closer to you & (2) the previous director of Spruce Lake recently made a move to this Christian Camp (A top notch family who follows where God leads)

Good Luck in your search!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
billa26
post Sep 4 2011, 07:10 PM
Post #17

Member No.: 62779

QUOTE(AllGlorytoHim @ Oct 7 2007, 08:53 PM) *

Hello all,
We are located in SC but willing to go almost anywhere potentially. We are seeking Christian, Christ-centered Campgrounds....and I am guessing these would be private campgrounds...

If you have any suggestions as to publications or actual campgrounds we would appreciate it.

We have 3 children ages 5, 2, and 1 so a playground would be nice and possibly some water.

Thank you for your time and input.
God Bless~~

SC I assume is South Carolina? If you are looking to travel North on I-77, I think you would enjoy Rippling Waters Camp ground. It is ran by a church, and has a little church accross a pond with water fountains spraying water from the middle of the pond. Very beautiful, and really nice people to deal with. There is a playground, water, and sewer hook up. Not bad travel rd to get to the campgrounds. I hope this will help. This is located in Sissonville Wv, just north of Charleston Wv.
+Quote Post
A hitch and hop
post Oct 29 2011, 03:56 PM
Post #18

Member No.: 55759

Try Jay Bird Springs Ministries
1221 Jay Bird Springs Road
Chauncey, GA 31011

Phone: 229.868.2728

http://www.jaybirdspringsministries.com/
+Quote Post
RLM
post Nov 4 2011, 10:56 AM
Post #19

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 8584

I don't know what kind of free time you have and with kids of that age it may not be possible, but perhaps you could consider part time volunteering at a church camp where there were RV facilities for the volunteers.

We have work camped for many years. This summer we did so at a church camp for the first time and enjoyed the experience so much that we have already committed to doing it again next year. Those type places are all over the country.

+Quote Post
jamarynn1
post Nov 4 2011, 01:44 PM
Post #20

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 45805

There is a Christian RV park in Cocoa, Florida - Son Rise Palms. It's a short drive to the beach and maybe an hour to Disney, etc. Sonrisepalmsrv.com. I don't know anything personally about them.

+Quote Post
Mojavian
post Nov 15 2011, 01:59 PM
Post #21

Member No.: 44436

Lavaland RV Park in Grants, NM is definitely "Christian" insofar as the owner (or his employee, he was an old guy) handed me a mimeographed tract telling me that I needed to be baptized in the spirit when I was checking in. What I *really* needed was to rest and hook up my motorhome for the night and maybe watch some TV over the wifi. He told me that he had wifi, which was not exactly a lie -- he did *have* it, after all -- the only thing is I couldn't use it since the signal wasn't strong enough in the spot he put me in to receive it.

So I had to go back outside, unhook all the stuff, and leave, which was not really my desire at the time.

Anyway, when I went back in to get my refund, the old guy was holding a Bible study in the office. I decided that the $20 wasn't that important, so I told the guy that his wifi didn't work, that I wasn't going to stay, but that he was to give my site to someone in need if they presented themselves at some point. I hope he will at least do that, as it would be a Christian thing to do, I think. I also gave him back his tract and told him that I had heard all of that a million times and wasn't interested personally, but thanks and good luck.

So if you are looking for a Christian Campground on I-40 that advertises wifi and doesn't give it to you, Lavaland should fit the bill!
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
RVParkReviews.com