RV Park Reviews

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Luxury RV Campsites, Big Pusher/Luxury Campsites
Jonathan
post Mar 8 2004, 08:00 PM
Post #1

Unregistered

Hi...We are new to the campsing RV experience. We are buying a 44 foot Diesel Pusher and would like to find out the best LUxury type RV places are in southern Florida, California, Arizona, Colorado. We are planning to leave in the unit through the cold months. Anybode out there have experience with these type of sites?
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
WA Coast MCI
post Mar 14 2004, 03:05 PM
Post #2

Unregistered

We rented a spot at Outdoor Resorts- Indio, CA in Nov-Dec, 2003. Liked the park so much that we purchased a lot there while renting and are looking forward to speding winters there in the future. Park is now owned by Owner's Association, not Outdoor Resorts of America and park rules are set by the owners. All lots for sale are resale lots offered by individual owners. We found no pushy sales person...actually just the opposite. No one ever approached us with a sales pitch or request to buy. Actually, we had to track down the sales lady to tell her that we had decided to buy a lot and wanted to make an offer on one.

Outdoor Resorts-Indio is a beautiful, well-maintained resort-park with great facilities including 3 swimming pools, par-3 golf course, exercise facilities, tennis courts, etc. Rental sites are managed by the Owner's Association. Some owners rent their sites when they are not there but many chose not to do so. We have stayed in many RV parks over the years, and OR-Indio is the best, IMO. That's why we bought a lot. As to whether owners are unfriendly to renters-that's just silly. As an owner, you probably don't spend a lot of time getting to know a renter who is there for only a few days, but there was no difference in friendliness to renters who are there for a longer period of time that I ever detected. On the contrary, we found it easy to make friends....just by getting involved in the activities. Having been both an owner at OR-Indio and a renter I feel able to comment based on first hand experience. BTW, OR-Indio is motorhome-only, longer than 25' resort.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
Jonathan   Luxury RV Campsites   Mar 8 2004, 08:00 PM
beastdriver   Johathan: The very best luxury RV resort in South...   Mar 9 2004, 08:49 AM
Jonathan   Hi Beastdriver...thanx for reply..what are you guy...   Mar 9 2004, 10:43 AM
Beastdriver   We're driving a 2003 40-foot Dutch Star Diesel...   Mar 9 2004, 12:36 PM
John Blue   Johathan, I think we can help also. Below are co...   Mar 9 2004, 09:04 PM
beastdriver   John Blue must be a mighty nice guy with a No soli...   Mar 10 2004, 08:37 AM
John Blue   Beastdriver, Yes, John Blue is a nice guy! N...   Mar 10 2004, 09:54 PM
freedomrider   :P We've been staying at Outdoor Resorts for y...   Mar 11 2004, 12:53 AM
Guest_happy camper   Re the discussion on renters versus owners at Outd...   Mar 11 2004, 07:06 PM
John Blue   Happy camper, I would not stay anyplace that we w...   Mar 11 2004, 09:42 PM
beastdriver   I could not agree any more with John Blue. It make...   Mar 12 2004, 08:55 AM
WA Coast MCI   We rented a spot at Outdoor Resorts- Indio, CA in ...   Mar 14 2004, 03:05 PM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
RVParkReviews.com