Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Trailer Leaning To The Left
mastercraft
post Nov 16 2007, 08:22 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 5797

I have a Newmar Cypress 5th wheel. It has a mor ryde suspension and it leans approx 3 inches to the road side where the slides are. Has anyone experienced this before? If so, what did you do about it. I had the dealer contact Newmar and they said it was out of warrenty. I trailer is only 20 months old. Any help is greatly appreciated since I do not think this is normal.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
John Blue
post Nov 17 2007, 09:01 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 214

mastercraft,

Did you look at the springs? The weight of a side outs will not help springs. You may have one that is weak due to the added weight and movement up and down as you travel down the road. Also take 5th to the scales and weight each side, if someone has wheel scales. The large truck scales will not help. A lot more weight on one side could bend a spring out of shape. You can also jack up frame and check spring height on each side with wheels off ground to see if you see a change from side to side. Only jack up one side at the time and use a good jack, be careful. Last item would be a good spring shop or truck shop that works in truck springs. Check phone book, Atlanta should have a number of places to do this work.

--------------------
John
Brandon, Fl.
FMCA F-248693
Foretravel MH
Honda CRV tow
+Quote Post
Butch
post Nov 17 2007, 10:07 AM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3801

I would contact Newmar, and or Mor Ryde directly without the dealer being involved. That way you are hearing their answer first hand and you can relate the problem strictly to them and answer any questions. If you do not get an answer, to your best interest, I would contact "Motorhome" magazine about the situation and ask them to intervene on your behalf with all the parties involved. Their success rate is good.

--------------------
Butch & Kathy
and "Greta"
says, "me too !"
FMCA # F412606
+Quote Post
ddbradley952
post Nov 25 2007, 11:43 PM
Post #4

Unregistered

QUOTE(mastercraft @ Nov 16 2007, 08:22 PM) *

I have a Newmar Cypress 5th wheel. It has a mor ryde suspension and it leans approx 3 inches to the road side where the slides are. Has anyone experienced this before? If so, what did you do about it. I had the dealer contact Newmar and they said it was out of warrenty. I trailer is only 20 months old. Any help is greatly appreciated since I do not think this is normal.

If I sit on the left, it leans to the left. If I sit on the right, it leans to the right. Guess I'm just a "Big girl".
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
RVParkReviews.com