RLM
post Dec 24 2007, 11:28 AM
Post #16

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 8584

QUOTE(britboy @ Dec 17 2007, 08:16 AM) *

RLM -
As you've probably noticed Europe is expensive and now I'm able to get $2/1 the US has never been so cheap.

I'm also on a secret mission to visit as many states as I can. I've done everything east of the Mississippi, the four corners and Nevada. Now it's time to take in the North West (or is Wyoming part of the Mid West?).

I just knew I should have invested in the euro when the change was made several years ago!!!!!

Midwest would be Oklahome, Nebraska, Missouri, etc. Upper Midwest would be Minnesota, Wis, Michigan, Ind, etc. I suspect Wyoming considers itself in the NW.

Put Texas on the list at some future date. Lots to do and see here, but don't come in July/August unless you enjoy 100+ temps. And it's a TWO day drive in an RV from any side to the other...without stops.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Jerry S
post Dec 24 2007, 12:57 PM
Post #17

Advanced Member

Member No.: 10441

QUOTE(RLM @ Dec 24 2007, 11:28 AM) *

QUOTE(britboy @ Dec 17 2007, 08:16 AM) *

RLM -
As you've probably noticed Europe is expensive and now I'm able to get $2/1 the US has never been so cheap.

I'm also on a secret mission to visit as many states as I can. I've done everything east of the Mississippi, the four corners and Nevada. Now it's time to take in the North West (or is Wyoming part of the Mid West?).

I just knew I should have invested in the euro when the change was made several years ago!!!!!

Midwest would be Oklahome, Nebraska, Missouri, etc. Upper Midwest would be Minnesota, Wis, Michigan, Ind, etc. I suspect Wyoming considers itself in the NW.

Put Texas on the list at some future date. Lots to do and see here, but don't come in July/August unless you enjoy 100+ temps. And it's a TWO day drive in an RV from any side to the other...without stops.

One of my favorite confusing topics: geographic names of different areas of the U.S.. There multiple names for some areas and a lot of overlapping. For example, while many consider the Dakotas, Nebraska, and Kansas the western edge of the midwest, they are also called the Plains States. Minnesota, Wisconsin, Illinois, etc. are also call the Great Lakes States. Some states include areas in different regions: Utah's northeast is part of the mountain region, but the southern part of the state is part of the Desert Southwest. As to Britboy's original question, Wyoming (along with Colorado, Montana, etc.) is considered one of the Mountain States - thus the name of the time zone. I could go one endlessly, but for your sake, I won't.
+Quote Post
Texasrvers
post Dec 24 2007, 01:01 PM
Post #18

Advanced Member

Group: Admin
Member No.: 5452

Isn't there a section of the country considered the "Rocky Mountain" states (or maybe just the "Mountain" states) which includes Colorado, Wyoming, Montana, and Idaho? I don't really think of Wyoming as a northwest state, but then I don't live up there so maybe it is.

I agree with RLM. Come to Texas. You'll have a great time any season you are here, but if you can come in March or April and see our Bluebonnets, it will be unforgettable.
+Quote Post
Jerry S
post Dec 24 2007, 03:24 PM
Post #19

Advanced Member

Member No.: 10441

QUOTE(Texasrvers @ Dec 24 2007, 01:01 PM) *

Isn't there a section of the country considered the "Rocky Mountain" states (or maybe just the "Mountain" states) which includes Colorado, Wyoming, Montana, and Idaho? I don't really think of Wyoming as a northwest state, but then I don't live up there so maybe it is.

I agree with RLM. Come to Texas. You'll a great time any season you are here, but if you can some in March or April and see our Bluebonnets, it will be unforgettable.

Tex,

Sorry! As you can see by our post times, I beat you to the "mountain" designation by a few minutes.
+Quote Post
Texasrvers
post Dec 24 2007, 03:43 PM
Post #20

Advanced Member

Group: Admin
Member No.: 5452

Jerry,

Oh gosh, no need to apologize, but this is strange. Your post was not there when I posted mine. I even looked at the thread after I posted, and I could be wrong, but I'd swear your post wasn't there even then. Maybe there is a delay before posts actually appear, but then mine was there. Oh well, none of this makes any difference. We both had the same thoughts at the same time and we both shared them. No harm done.
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
RVParkReviews.com