6 Pages V « < 4 5 6  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> New park owners want input, New park owners want input
Yorkieluvr
post Aug 11 2006, 07:47 AM
Post #76

Group: Members
Member No.: 5486

What great suggestions from everyone! Put those all together and you have paradise! I just wanted to answer the question about campfires in Florida. There are campgrounds in Florida that allow fires, there's no law that I'm aware of - maybe in the State Parks. But, we have had a really bad problem with brush fires. At the beginning of the summer this year, practically our whole county (among others in the state) was on fire - our wonderful firefighters fought fires for weeks, roads were closed, homes were lost. The causes of those fires varied, lightening, kids with nothing better to do - passing motorists throwing out cigarettes. Now normally, I too love a campfire, but after dealing with that for so many months, we didn't want to be anywhere near a fire. The last place we camped (in Tennessee) allowed fires, but some people had them going 24/7 and we couldn't even open our windows for all the smoke. Hopefully enough time will pass before our next round of fires and I can once again enjoy the smell and atmosphere of a campfire.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

6 Pages V « < 4 5 6
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
RVParkReviews.com