RV Park Reviews

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Degrading Reviews From Past years, Lack of Security or lack of interest
Tsonomi
post Apr 4 2004, 07:00 AM
Post #1

Unregistered

Dear Administrator:

I must protest the condemning review that is posted 04.02.2004 for the park in Lake BuenaVista.
My first concern is the dated visit is in the year "2002".
My second concern is the scene of the alleged incident.
The reviewer (a female in the WOMENS bathroom/shower) stated "He was hanging over the top of the shower stall and I saw him when I turned to rinse my hair". Knowing the park, this would not be possible unless the man was IN the Bathroom/Comfort station. I suppose this is possible as this park is treated as all do, with casual accomodations. Doors are locked at night at the Comfort stations, accessed by your key cards but during the day it is like any other park.
The reviewer also stated"I wanted to warn others that when you call 911 from the bathhouse phone you will be connected to security - not the sheriff's department". This is common with all parks, the internal phone system won't go off property. They payphone was right there, if they were unhappy, the pay phone is available. This is true of most parks I have seen, but not all.
Her complaint that they took their time coming is also a stretch as the property is huge and travel time MUST be accounted for.
The reviewer also stated"I sat outside the comfort station naked, in only a towel, with two women who happened to be walking by and were kind enough to sit with me". This is a case of taking your life into your own hands if all this was true, the proper thing to do was to get the heck out of Dodge and go to the safety of their camper. What was she thinking? Saying they saw the man, meant they were a "witness" which means other means would have been persued.

This person stated that the "SECURITY IS A BIG FAT JOKE" when it has been proven time after time that the security is tough at this particular park, compared to other campgrounds that dont have ANY security.

You have allowed this inflated review onto a site that has nothing but great and fabulous reviews and this one is DAMNING for all the wrong reasons, which I feel the reviewer has allowed temperment to push reality out of the picture.

Compared to all the other parks out there, this park has on site security and is on-line 24/7, compared to other parks where you are lucky if the owners are on site at night.

RVing is a "sport" that many of us enjoy and this world we live in is not perfect, there are people that are sick and do bad things. This person has appearantly just had her first experience with a bad person, luckily it wasn't worse than it was-it could have been much worse, especially when she waited outside, naked in a towel, for him to come out. But it is part of the world today and if she were at a ma/pa park, she would not have had a better response.

If this park has a condemning review, then you should place the same condemnation on all of the parks in your reviews as it can, and probably has, happened at the other parks too.

There is risk in travel and perhaps she needs to carry protection of some sort, not a bad idea. This "peeping Tom" is not unique to anyone park and even having security on site is much more than most other parks even offer.

As this review was about something that occurred in 2002, a long time ago, I ask that you remove the review from the Buena Vista Park review, or at least "soften" it to a one show fits all as this is definately pointing the finger in the wrong direction.

Tsonomi
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
RVParkReviews.com