RV Park Reviews

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Great Rv Parks That Usually Don't Fill Up On Holidays, Places to go when you don't have a reservation
DXSMac
post May 5 2008, 03:51 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 16651

Ok, one of the cardinal rules in RV'ing, is if you plan to be RV'ing on Memorial Day, July 4th (July 1 for Canada....), or Labor Day, then you need reservations or you won't get a spot. Well, in my travels I have come across some RV parks that are great places to stay ("great" being relative, basically, I'm saying, "they aren't dumps,") but do not get "full" on these three major holidays. So, if you don't have a reservation and you live near one of these places, you might want to go there:

Horn Rapids RV Resort - Richland, WA This is a HUGE RV park. However, it usually never fills up on the holidays because... well, Richland isn't a "destination" place. Nobody goes to Richland for a fun filled vacation. (It's dusty and windy in the spring, and HOT HOT HOT in the summer!) You only go to Richland if you are visiting people. I "full-timed" at this park for 8 months a couple years ago, and it did not fill up on any of the three "summer" holidays. But it's a great park! And the reviews on here agree!

Fidalgo Bay RV Resort - Anacortes, WA This is also a very large RV park, right on Puget Sound. Now during the holidays, their "ocean front" sites will get full. However, I have never seen this park be completely full. It's been ALMOST full, but never completely full. If you don't have a reservation around the three summer holidays, and are in this area, you can try out this park.

Any other parks that are decent and you have a good chance to get in if you don't have a reservation on the three major holidays?

JJ

--------------------
JJ from Pacific Northwest

Check out my blog on TOADLESS RVing!
http://rvingtoadless.blogspot.com/

Feel free to leave me some suggestions.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
RVParkReviews.com