Parkview
post Jun 17 2008, 03:49 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 12168

biggrin.gif

Hi all,

I have been blogging on this site for a couple of years now and have enjoyed very much the discussion with many of you on a number of issues. Please don't take this as a plug. As an RVer since 1979 and a park operator since 2001, I know a little bit about RVing and the RV Park business. I retired from a previous 30 year career with the Federal Government in 1998, and having my mother and father both still alive after retirement was something that I had never contemplated. They were also avid RVers and got me started in the RV lifestyle in the mid 1970ís. We began construction on our park in 1998 on land that had been in my motherís family since 1900 and opened March 1, 2001 as a 4-way family partnership. I have enjoyed the RV Park business tremendously but have really missed the RV lifestyle.

Since that time, due to family health issues, we have gone from a 4-way partnership to a sole proprietorship. In 2005 I bought a new 40í Phaeton motorhome because it had a door wide enough to accommodate a lift chair for my wife who was terminally ill with ALS (Lou Gehrigís Disease). Unfortunately, she never got to take a vacation in her new motorhome, and it has gone primarily unused for the last 2 years. That is about to change. This Fall after our busy Summer season ends, the wheels on the Phaeton are going to turn. I am coming out and intend to tour the entire western half of the country. I would love to see some of you on the road, or if you are ever in our area (the Texas Hill Country), stop by and say Hi (with the stay on me in our off-season). This is sincerely offered in the interest of friendship with people I feel like I know on this forum.

Hope to see you on the road. - Doug
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
RVParkReviews.com