Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Zip Codes At Gas Pumps
Glenn Norton
post Nov 12 2008, 11:42 AM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 6876

During the past couple of years whenever I want to get gas and pay at the pump at a lot of stations I am asked for a zip code. As a Canadian I don't have one. Some gas attendants suggested I used six zeros, but that didn't work. I called my credit card companies and they claimed to have never heard of the problem and there was nothing they could do about it. Have any other fellow Canadians faced this situation and actually were able to do something about it without getting in a lineup to hand their card over to the cashier? sad.gif
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
Glenn Norton
post Nov 12 2008, 09:02 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 6876

Yes it would be great if border gas stations did reprogram to include postal codes from Canada or Mexico. I just wish my own credit card companies would look into this further as it won't be long before some kind of zip code program will be introduced here in Canada as well. As far as having a US bank account; I have thought about it. As far as I know these type of accounts in Canada are not insured by CDIC (same as FDIC). I pretty much use my credit cards exclusively other than the odd debit transaction (usually ARCO gas stations) and only get cash from certain ATMs I have found in my travels that don't charge a service fee. I find it pretty odd that even though Canada and the US share many of the same gas stations and same credit card companies we still have a ways to go before there will be any uniformity. Maybe when the credit cards with the microchips start coming out we won't need to input zip codes anymore. Anything to get out of that lineup to the cashier! rolleyes.gif
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
RVParkReviews.com