Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Zip Codes At Gas Pumps
Onemoretrail
post Nov 12 2008, 11:42 AM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 6876

During the past couple of years whenever I want to get gas and pay at the pump at a lot of stations I am asked for a zip code. As a Canadian I don't have one. Some gas attendants suggested I used six zeros, but that didn't work. I called my credit card companies and they claimed to have never heard of the problem and there was nothing they could do about it. Have any other fellow Canadians faced this situation and actually were able to do something about it without getting in a lineup to hand their card over to the cashier? sad.gif
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
RLM
post Dec 20 2008, 02:26 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 8584

Parkview> You posted.. "As a business (RV Park) that accepts credit cards, I fully understand why more and more gas stations and other businesses are requiring additional information for credit card purchases. In 2007 I paid $12,449.94 in credit card processing fees."

When I'm on a extended trip I like to pay cash for many purchases where I don't need a credit card charge back feature. Reconciling statements is one less hassle to be done when I get home. I've gotten in the habit of asking for a small discount for cash, but a don't find many independent merchants willing to give one. Why is that? I would think that at least we could split the difference in merchant card fees. It may not be much but it adds up. Probably more so for the business.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
RVParkReviews.com