Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Lamp Post Light
KentuckyCampin
post Mar 14 2009, 07:12 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 29148

How many of you have seen the lamp post lights made out of PVC pipe?? I made one not long ago and it turned out really cool!! I will have to take some pictures of it and post them. Pretty easy to make. Total time to assemble was probably 1.5 hours. It took 2 days to get it done right, as I had to wait for paint to dry completely before assembling.

--------------------
The Bakers
2011 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD
2011 Jayco Jayflight swift 264BH

Camping, its not a hobby, its a way of life!!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
Texasrvers
post Mar 15 2009, 10:18 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Admin
Member No.: 5452

That's a nice looking lamp post. It is much nicer than I expected when you said it was made out of PVC. Is it electric or is that a solar light?
+Quote Post
KentuckyCampin
post Mar 17 2009, 07:44 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 29148

QUOTE(Texasrvers @ Mar 16 2009, 12:18 AM) *

That's a nice looking lamp post. It is much nicer than I expected when you said it was made out of PVC. Is it electric or is that a solar light?

Thank you!! It is electric, used an outdoor green extension cord, cut the end off and wired it to the lamp. Plugs up nicely to either the exterior plug on the camper. The light bulb is one of the new CFL's.

QUOTE(DXSMac @ Mar 16 2009, 01:05 AM) *

OMG!!!! ohmy.gif That is fabulous! biggrin.gif As Texas said, looks nicer in the photo than what you described! If it's a solar, I would love to carry one in my RV to put it outside.

JJ

Thank you. As stated above, it is electric, however, a solar powered one would be just as easy to make. Hardest part would be figuring out just which light you wanted. I picked up all the materials at Lowes for around $45.

QUOTE(FosterImposters @ Mar 17 2009, 02:41 PM) *

Oh THIS is totally cool !!!
What type of paint did you use on that PVC ?
cool.gif

The only thing I painted was the light housing. I could only find that style in black. So I primed and painted it white. The PVC is already white. Just have to use the PVC solvent to clean the ink printing off of the PVC. Then just let it dry completely and clean it with any standard spray cleaner like 409, or even glass cleaner. Being white, it will get a few marks on it, but it will come clean with a quick shot of cleaner. I have seen them painted black and gold, but that may be a pain, as the paint would probably scrape off of the PVC easily.

--------------------
The Bakers
2011 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD
2011 Jayco Jayflight swift 264BH

Camping, its not a hobby, its a way of life!!
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
RVParkReviews.com