RV Park Reviews

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Rvwholesalers, Ohio
michnodes
post Mar 26 2009, 09:39 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 6447

Has anyone had any experience, good or bad, with purhcasing an RV from RVwholesalers.com out of Ohio? Their prices seem almost too good to be true, that's why I am hesitant to use them.

--------------------
Michelle, Scott
Hadley and SashaPuppy
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
jerry scooterman
post Jun 3 2012, 07:00 PM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 59726

QUOTE(michnodes @ Mar 26 2009, 10:39 AM) *

Has anyone had any experience, good or bad, with purhcasing an RV from RVwholesalers.com out of Ohio? Their prices seem almost too good to be true, that's why I am hesitant to use them.

These guys are a joke when it comes to warranty issues...

Great prices, but expect no after sale service what so ever.

QUOTE(jan-n-john @ Jan 24 2012, 01:17 PM) *

You say this was 2 months after you got your unit. Why was it not covered under your normal factory warranty for the unit? It's not clear to me why the extended warranty, which only kicks in when the factory warranty expires, would have come into play in the first place. Unless I misunderstand, the factory warranty would be the source of the coverage, and you could go to any factory-authorized dealer to have the repair made. Even many local RV repair places can be authorized to do the work, possibly on an ad hoc basis.

As I noted above nearly three years ago, we bought from RVWholesalers. We did have some warranty work, and arranged everything directly through the factory. RVW was never in the loop. The work was authorized and paid for by the factory, and some was actually performed at a local RV shop that does not deal in new units--they were paid directly by the factory. That was our experience.

If you received such an e-mail from RVW as you quote, it must have followed a series of previous communications/e-mails. If you would post those, I think others would be able to better understand what took place. It would appear on its face that there were some serious misunderstandings along the way. Very few businesses would send out such a communication unless there is a back story.

Bottom line for me is, unless you enjoy giving local RV dealers your hard-earned cash, RVwhosalers or others using their (far more efficient) business model is a good alternative because they sell the same thing for a lot less. Even if you ended up paying for some repairs yourself, you're still way ahead on the deal because you likely will save so much up front.

These guys are a freaking joke...Don't use them
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
RVParkReviews.com