RV Park Reviews

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Good Sam Or Passport America?
psherman
post Jan 9 2010, 05:59 PM
Post #1

Group: Moderated
Member No.: 39232

I've decided to join one of these two organizations and am not sure which one is the better deal. Any thoughts or experiences to help me decide? I generally camp mid-week for 2-3 nights at a time and only from about November until May (if that matters). No kids, no pets. There is a significant difference in membership fee ($19 vs $44) but perhaps that is justified by discounts. I believe that I would mostly use the membership for reduced camping fees rather than insurance or routing or technical assistance.

Thanks in advance. I'm sorry if this question has been asked and answered; I tried to search for it, but since "Sam"--a vital part of the query--has fewer than 4 characters, the search was invalid.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
MissyRez
post Feb 27 2014, 10:20 AM
Post #2

Group: Moderated
Member No.: 85344

Just FYI, if you are a veteran you can get your Good Sam membership for free! I did it at Camping World, just took in my DD214. You'll have to do it yearly, though. Can't pay a little and extend or go to lifetime membership from the Veterans' Membership. Don't know if PPA has a similar program or not. Anyone?
+Quote Post
Luvtheroad
post Feb 27 2014, 05:06 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 45805

QUOTE(MissyRez @ Feb 27 2014, 11:20 AM) *

Just FYI, if you are a veteran you can get your Good Sam membership for free! I did it at Camping World, just took in my DD214. You'll have to do it yearly, though. Can't pay a little and extend or go to lifetime membership from the Veterans' Membership. Don't know if PPA has a similar program or not. Anyone?

I was excited to read this, as we are getting ready to renew our membership. We just called the Camping World in Winter Garden, FL and they said, nope, no free yearly memberships for veterans. The only thing they offer is a half-off lifetime membership for veterans.

Is this something regional, not offered by all Camping Worlds? Or did we just get some dodo who didn't know what she was talking about?
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
4 User(s) are reading this topic (4 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
RVParkReviews.com