RV Park Reviews

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Good Sam Or Passport America?
psherman
post Jan 9 2010, 05:59 PM
Post #1

Group: Moderated
Member No.: 39232

I've decided to join one of these two organizations and am not sure which one is the better deal. Any thoughts or experiences to help me decide? I generally camp mid-week for 2-3 nights at a time and only from about November until May (if that matters). No kids, no pets. There is a significant difference in membership fee ($19 vs $44) but perhaps that is justified by discounts. I believe that I would mostly use the membership for reduced camping fees rather than insurance or routing or technical assistance.

Thanks in advance. I'm sorry if this question has been asked and answered; I tried to search for it, but since "Sam"--a vital part of the query--has fewer than 4 characters, the search was invalid.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
Texasrvers
post Jan 10 2010, 01:13 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Admin
Member No.: 5452

Iím going to come at this from just a slightly different perspective based on our travel patterns and needs. We do have Good Sam and feel like it pays for itself when we do our average amount of yearly travel. We have not yet purchased Passport America, but we do consider it every now and then. Our hesitancy is because when I look at their list of parks, the ones we normally stay at are not listed. And when I check places we would like to stay at in the future, they are not listed either. Also there seems to be more complaints (in this forum) about PPA policies and restrictions. I understand these are set by the individual parks, but that is part of the problem since there is no uniformity as there is with GS. Of course that is just my personal opinion. I have no doubt that either organization can save you money if you travel a lot and stay at their member parks. In our case the parks we tend to stay at are Good Sam and not PPA so that is why we have only the GS membership.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
RVParkReviews.com