RV Park Reviews

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Good Sam Or Passport America?
psherman
post Jan 9 2010, 05:59 PM
Post #1

Group: Moderated
Member No.: 39232

I've decided to join one of these two organizations and am not sure which one is the better deal. Any thoughts or experiences to help me decide? I generally camp mid-week for 2-3 nights at a time and only from about November until May (if that matters). No kids, no pets. There is a significant difference in membership fee ($19 vs $44) but perhaps that is justified by discounts. I believe that I would mostly use the membership for reduced camping fees rather than insurance or routing or technical assistance.

Thanks in advance. I'm sorry if this question has been asked and answered; I tried to search for it, but since "Sam"--a vital part of the query--has fewer than 4 characters, the search was invalid.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
pianotuna
post Jan 10 2010, 02:00 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 10403

Hi all,

I am a Good Sam member. I probably won't renew as I don't stay in commercial campgrounds a lot. I prefer boondocking and government parks, so the discount is not of use. I do occasionally "Walmart it", but only if I'm trying to travel hard and fast.

I believe if I were a full time RV'er (I'm green with envy at those who are btw) then the Passport America membership might be a "must have".

On a typical trip I plan to stay one day a week in a hotel (so my wife can have a tub bath), one day a week no cooking is performed (a different day than the hotel night), and one day a week at a campground with either a dump site or a full hook up at the site.

I might go East one day, and South the next. I love staying in small towns and poking my nose into the local museums, and etc. One night stops or two at most are quite common.

--------------------
Regards,

Don
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
RVParkReviews.com