RV Park Reviews

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Good Sam Or Passport America?
psherman
post Jan 9 2010, 05:59 PM
Post #1

Group: Moderated
Member No.: 39232

I've decided to join one of these two organizations and am not sure which one is the better deal. Any thoughts or experiences to help me decide? I generally camp mid-week for 2-3 nights at a time and only from about November until May (if that matters). No kids, no pets. There is a significant difference in membership fee ($19 vs $44) but perhaps that is justified by discounts. I believe that I would mostly use the membership for reduced camping fees rather than insurance or routing or technical assistance.

Thanks in advance. I'm sorry if this question has been asked and answered; I tried to search for it, but since "Sam"--a vital part of the query--has fewer than 4 characters, the search was invalid.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
pianotuna
post Jan 10 2010, 02:00 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 10403

Hi all,

I am a Good Sam member. I probably won't renew as I don't stay in commercial campgrounds a lot. I prefer boondocking and government parks, so the discount is not of use. I do occasionally "Walmart it", but only if I'm trying to travel hard and fast.

I believe if I were a full time RV'er (I'm green with envy at those who are btw) then the Passport America membership might be a "must have".

On a typical trip I plan to stay one day a week in a hotel (so my wife can have a tub bath), one day a week no cooking is performed (a different day than the hotel night), and one day a week at a campground with either a dump site or a full hook up at the site.

I might go East one day, and South the next. I love staying in small towns and poking my nose into the local museums, and etc. One night stops or two at most are quite common.

--------------------
Regards,

Don
+Quote Post
Florida Native
post Jan 11 2010, 06:14 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 4762

QUOTE(pianotuna @ Jan 10 2010, 03:00 PM) *

I might go East one day, and South the next. I love staying in small towns and poking my nose into the local museums, and etc. One night stops or two at most are quite common.

This is just about what we do. Never really know where we are going to spend the next night. We stay a while if there is interesting stuff to see. I love those small museums and off the beaten path things. We go for months at a time without bathtub which my wife loves. I better not let her see the motel suggestion. We have driven hundreds of miles out of the way to see friends that had a tub though. To me, the whole essence of RV'ing is being foot loose and fancy free. A rigid schedule makes me nervous. We drove from Northern Maine to Central Florida due to a medicla problem with my daughter in 4 1/2 days and I was a wreck. It took us over 3 months to get to Maine. I hate to say it but I think the bad economy has reduced the occupancy rate at campgrounds which makes this type of traveling easier.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
RVParkReviews.com