> Northern Campgrounds, Greed Prevails-Conditions Bad--Stay Away
BBear
post Aug 13 2004, 06:10 PM
Post #16

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 308

QUOTE(GaryWT @ Aug 13 2004, 10:21 AM)
Anyway, I just tried to get a little info from you to see what campgrounds you thought were good or bad and I get slammed, I will end it with that.

Great Post, Gary!!!! Take a look at some of the reviews posted today and just from reading them it's pretty easy to see which reviews are Beastdrivers...just from the attitude. I'm making a list of those campgrounds and putting them on my "to go" list...because if Beastdriver hates them, that means I'll more than likely love them laugh.gif
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Beastdriver
post Aug 13 2004, 07:26 PM
Post #17

Advanced Member

Member No.: 408

Mr. Bear:

Glad to hear it. I hope you enjoy your stays!
+Quote Post
Sunflyer
post Aug 13 2004, 08:06 PM
Post #18

Advanced Member

Member No.: 610

Since leaving Maryland to go fulltime we have had little interest in returning to the northeast to rv. Everything is expensive, so of course the campground fees will be too.......but after traveling all over the country we think our northeastern campground owners need to get out and check the competition. What they want to gloat about as being awesome and wonderful is merely mediocre in our mind.
When you add the high prices of doing anything in the northeast, an experienced traveler can only conclude that their money will get them a much nicer experience somewhere else.

What costs me $40-50 in the N.E. would rate about $15-20 in many other parts of the country. Not always the campground owners fault....high taxes, overhead, etc. pushes them up, but if you don't maintain what you have, then I don't want to pay those prices.

Right now we are thoroughly enjoying a county park in Iowa. We're with you Beastdriver, after suffering through visiting Maryland and family we will hightail it back south for friendly people and reasonably maintained and priced parks. Y'all come back now, y'hear.
+Quote Post
BBear
post Aug 14 2004, 12:51 AM
Post #19

Advanced Member

Member No.: 308

QUOTE(Beastdriver @ Aug 13 2004, 08:26 PM)
Mr. Bear:

Glad to hear it. I hope you enjoy your stays!

It's Mrs. Bear...and I'm sure we'll enjoy our stays...haven't been steared wrong yet biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
Cheryl
post Aug 14 2004, 07:12 AM
Post #20

Advanced Member

Member No.: 340

I read a board where a lot of the members are in the 12 to 15 year old range. It seems like all they ever do is argue and put each other down. Let's try not to turn this one into another "fight" zone. From the people I have met when travelling, I was under the impression that campers are the friendliest people. Please everyone try to live up to that reputation when posting.
+Quote Post
Webmaster
post Aug 14 2004, 07:47 AM
Post #21

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Well said Cheryl - so we are ending this thread

--------------------
Webmaster
RV Park Reviews
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
RVParkReviews.com