RV Park Reviews

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> For Admins: Add Area In Review For Satellite Reception
switz
post May 4 2010, 10:46 AM
Post #1

Group: Moderated
Member No.: 33719

With Direct TV (and I assume others) satellite set up for motorhomes, one of the first questions I ask when reserving a spot is "can I get satellite reception from that space?" Just yesterday, I checked into a very nice campground (Lassen KOA, Northern Ca.) and the manager didn't really know. They were nice enough to let me walk around and pick my spot as they weren't crowded at all. I found a perfect spot that got me Direct TV HD.

It would be nice to see an area in the review for what space # one camped in and do they use satellite for TV. If they do, were they able to get reception. Just a thought. Regards, Steve
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
RLM
post May 7 2010, 08:38 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 8584

I am also a Webmaster. If I had to spend time trying to please everyone, I’d quit doing it. The fact that the admins have already recognized the issue is a positive. There are other ideas in this thread that are well thought out and relevant and probably will be considered as well. I respectfully comment on those comments.

1- The check box laundry list could be expanded and still be within reasonable length. Combining choices that are related or similar into one box might work. As an example, combine the pet and family issue into Pet and Family Friendly. I think all experienced RV’er have a handle on what makes that a Yes. The reviewer can make a comment in their written review if one or the other isn’t true.
2- If there are current selections that will be deleted, then adding some new ones that have been suggested or thought of will not increase the laundry list. I’d respectfully suggest that even if the list were a bit longer, it might in fact reduce the amount of bit’s and bites placed in a review. If the website database won't handle it, then that is a mute point.
3- Since the review section lacks advertising, the time spend on a page by a viewer would mean less to the admin than the viewer. It would be interesting to know if viewers would prefer the laundry list or the written review when it comes to their time on site.
4- Time spent checking off items does not necessarily increase because the current system has defaults that one does not need to change from the previous input. I realize that we are in the ‘fast food’ mode most of the time, but even if the list doubled in size, the minor amount of time to preview it is minimal. Even if that weren’t true, I will spend as much time as needed to find the campground that fits my needs.
5-It is true that most of the laundry list could be termed as an opinion. But so is the written review. If you do a factual only list, then about half of the present list will go.

Texasrver you are absolutely correct in that it is no easy task. Now let me open another can of worms for you. Above all else, the change I would most like to see is a method to rate a reviewer. Something on the order of “Was this review helpful?” I think that is useful quality control tool.
+Quote Post
DXSMac
post May 7 2010, 09:33 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 16651

QUOTE(RLM @ May 7 2010, 07:38 PM) *

Above all else, the change I would most like to see is a method to rate a reviewer. Something on the order of “Was this review helpful?” I think that is useful quality control tool.

I don't know. I have mixed feelings on that. Hmmm......

JJ

--------------------
JJ from Pacific Northwest

Check out my blog on TOADLESS RVing!
http://rvingtoadless.blogspot.com/

Feel free to leave me some suggestions.
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
switz   For Admins: Add Area In Review For Satellite Reception   May 4 2010, 10:46 AM
dalsgal   That would be a benefit to us managers also. Sinc...   May 4 2010, 03:04 PM
RLM   This brings up an issue that I, as a customer of t...   May 5 2010, 06:48 PM
Texasrvers   RLM, It's interesting that you bring this up ...   May 5 2010, 07:54 PM
Jerry S.   I have to side with most of what TX said. Not onl...   May 5 2010, 10:38 PM
John Blue   As TX said we have been work hard to review all it...   May 6 2010, 01:45 PM
pianotuna   Hi, Perhaps do a poll and see how many satellite ...   May 6 2010, 09:11 PM
RLM   I am also a Webmaster. If I had to spend time tryi...   May 7 2010, 08:38 PM
DXSMac   Above all else, the change I would most like to s...   May 7 2010, 09:33 PM
Texasrvers   RLM, You have made some good suggestions and your...   May 7 2010, 10:54 PM
Nolan   What about a place where a person has to add their...   May 9 2010, 12:06 PM
DXSMac   What about a place where a person has to add thei...   May 9 2010, 04:15 PM
Texasrvers   There have been discussions in the past about whet...   May 9 2010, 05:26 PM
TXBobcat   I like this thread. What frustrates me is someone ...   May 9 2010, 11:41 PM
Texasrvers   What frustrates me is someone reviewing a park an...   May 10 2010, 03:13 PM
Denali   ...I found out this was not useable in the comment...   May 10 2010, 05:33 PM
rgatijnet   My reviews all reflect MY OPINION of a campground,...   May 10 2010, 09:07 AM
DXSMac   I forgot who said it, but it still cracks me u...   May 10 2010, 03:37 PM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
RVParkReviews.com