> For Admins: Add Area In Review For Satellite Reception
Texasrvers
post May 10 2010, 03:13 PM
Post #16

Advanced Member

Group: Admin
Member No.: 5452

QUOTE(TXBobcat @ May 10 2010, 12:41 AM) *

What frustrates me is someone reviewing a park and says the clothes washer did not work and gave it a 1. The other says the flowers are beautiful and gave it a 10.

We understand your frustration. We want reviews to have useful information about the campground, its services, and its amenities. Personal accounts or long diatribes are not appropriate for reviews.

I tried to make a list of things that I thought were important.
I just don't know how to make an informative review with out giving facts.

The items in your list are not the problem. They all convey good, basic information about the campground that many other members would be interested in. We want you to include these things.

Shore Services: 50amp, Sewer good, Water 40 @ psi - Wi-Fi: Good - AT&T Cell Phone: Good - Sprint Air Card: Poor - Verizon Air Card: Very Good - Cable: Poor Could not use on site 5 - Site: Poor. Concrete but broken. Un-level front to back and side to side. - Site Size: Some good - Site Closeness: Good. Can put out awning - Roads: Paved - Restrooms: Good In office - Laundry: Good. 2 W & 2 D $1.00 each - Long term tenants: Few or none - DirecTV Satellite: Open area good signal - Discounts: None - Payment: Credit Card - Additional Charges: None - Additional Remarks: This park has a lot of 30amp and a few 50amp. Come in early and get a better spot. We would stay here again when we come through. I would have rated higher if the site pad were not broken and very unlevel.

This is the problem. The system will not accept a list format, and because it automatically puts the information in sentence format, the review is difficult to read.

I guess it might read easier if I put a few carriage returns

I am sorry but putting in more carriage returns will not solve the problem because the system is not programmed to accept it that way.

I try to give good information and would rather read something in the format that I wrote than something that gives no valuable information about the campground.

Your reviews deserve to be read, but if they are in the format as shown above it is difficult to tell which words go with which characteristic. I am concerned that many people will not even try to read them, and then your effort has been wasted. I wish your format was not a problem, but it is. All I can suggest is that you continue to provide the same information, but try to write it in a sentence format. For example you could say:

"Wi-Fi was good. AT&T Cell Phone was good. Sprint Air Card was poor. Verizon Air Card was very good. Cable was poor and could not be used on site 5."

This has kept every word of your review, but this format is far more readable. Yes, you would have to spend a little more time with this version and put in a few more words, but if it gets more members to read it, it should be worth the added effort.

Something else would be nice is if we can post a photo showing the park. Many times the park has great photos but when you get there you find it is not half what it seems.

A picutre would be nice, and I agree that park webpages do not always give a true story. The problem is space. This would use up a lot more room on the server. The final word here belongs to the webmaster.

some of the campgrounds have fees in the 3 digit range.

We have asked the webmaster to expand this field to 3 digits. I am sure he will make the change when he can find the time.

Again the content of your reviews is fine, and I hope this has given you a clear understanding of the problem with the format.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
DXSMac
post May 10 2010, 03:37 PM
Post #17

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 16651

(TXBobcat @ May 10 2010, 12:41 AM) *

What frustrates me is someone reviewing a park and says the clothes washer did not work and gave it a 1. The other says the flowers are beautiful and gave it a 10.

I forgot who said it, but it still cracks me up! Someone on the boards here was expressing similar frustration and made the comment, "It rained, give it a 2...."

Whenever I see a poorly written review, I think to myself, "It rained, give it a 2....."

JJ

--------------------
JJ from Pacific Northwest

Check out my blog on TOADLESS RVing!
http://rvingtoadless.blogspot.com/

Feel free to leave me some suggestions.
+Quote Post
Denali
post May 10 2010, 05:33 PM
Post #18

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2163

QUOTE(TXBobcat @ May 9 2010, 10:41 PM) *
...I found out this was not useable in the comment area. So I changed it and it went like this.

Shore Services: 50amp, Sewer good, Water 40 @ psi - Wi-Fi: Good - AT&T Cell Phone: Good - Sprint Air Card: Poor - Verizon Air Card: Very Good - Cable: Poor Could not use on site 5 - Site: Poor. Concrete but broken. Un-level front to back and side to side. - Site Size: Some good - Site Closeness: Good. Can put out awning - Roads: Paved - Restrooms: Good In office - Laundry: Good. 2 W & 2 D $1.00 each - Long term tenants: Few or none - DirecTV Satellite: Open area good signal - Discounts: None - Payment: Credit Card - Additional Charges: None - Additional Remarks: This park has a lot of 30amp and a few 50amp. Come in early and get a better spot. We would stay here again when we come through. I would have rated higher if the site pad were not broken and very unlevel.

This I am told is hard to read and should break it up. I haven't posted again yet, and I will but I guess it might read easier if I put a few carriage returns in and around to make it easier to read. I will try this in the future. ...
Unfortunately, when a review gets to the moderators to approve, all carriage returns have already been stripped out by the application. The only way to post a readable review is to write it in complete sentences with standard punctuation.

Each time you submit a review, you are presented with the rules. One is "Take care to use proper capitalization, punctuation, and grammar when writing your review. Include 2 spaces after punctuation at the end of sentences and 1 space after commas."

If you try to add formatting such as carriage returns, it becomes unreadable, unfortunately.

I suppose this does keep each review from filling the entire page, though. smile.gif

--------------------
Dave Rudisill
Fulltimer since 2002
2004 Beaver Monterey
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
RVParkReviews.com