Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Need Advice On Quiet, Efficient Generator
rvmamabel
post Jun 8 2010, 08:08 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 38662

Hi folks, Hoping to stay at some national parks this summer and Walmarts on occassion. Any advice you can share about generators? Is it worth the investment? We'll be on the road for seven weeks going from eastern NY to Yellowstone Nat'l Park and around the 4 corners there and back. I'd appreciate any recommendations on a quiet generator that we can purchase and also advice on how to fuel it, run it, etc. etc. Complete newbie with this area and appreciate your experiences and good thinking.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
rvmamabel
post Jun 12 2010, 08:19 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 38662

Hi, thanks for the information.

We are in a 35' TT, a Jayco Eagle with two slides, and 2 little girls. I was hoping to be able to stay in National Parks and do a bit of boondocking, but not sure now. I'd guess that I'd like to run microwave and basic lights, and of course the most essential: the coffee pot. However, it's fifty degrees here and rainy, so it's easy to think I wouldn't need the AC. However...to those with more experience out West: will I need the AC in Yellowstone in the last week of August? Or in Utah and Colorado? I know it can get cool during the night, but can it get hot and humid as well? If so, we'd need to have the fan and AC going.

In looking at a few generators locally, they also seem really heavy. I guess I am just wondering if a generator is a cost savings? Will I save enough money at national parks and boondocking to make up for the extra gas to lug this heavy thing cross country, as well as the $1,000 investment?

p.s.---I did read up a bit in Rv.net forums before posting before posting here (but do thank you for offering another source) and learned a bit, but not as much as I'd anticipated.

Thanks for any further advice. I still need it.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
RVParkReviews.com