Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Splendide Washing Machine Repair
John Blue
post Jun 9 2010, 08:43 AM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 214

I would like to hear from all the people who have a Splendide washing machine in your motorhome or 5th wheel. Like to know what problems you have had over the years and how long in years has it been in service. Would be nice to know the cycle life as well or number of washing per trip. Some people travel a lot and others only travel couple weeks out of the year. More use adds more cycle life on machine. The TX door lock is used in this machine and all people we have talked to, this has been the item that stops working.

--------------------
John
Brandon, Fl.
FMCA F-248693
Foretravel MH
Honda CRV tow
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
overthehillfan
post Oct 21 2010, 11:39 AM
Post #2

Group: Moderated
Member No.: 51174

biggrin.gif We specifically bought our 2007 Providence 2 years ago, because it had the Splendide washing/drying machine. We live in here permanently, my husband and me and 4 cats. And on occasion, while on break a 21 year old college student., so my washer gets used almost daily.
I find if I do one or two SMALL loads a day, using the minimum of drying time needed, that the clothes do not get wrinkled, that as well as taking them out immediately upon drying.
And use smaller loads. Shirts, no more than 4 light weight......jeans, no more than 2 pair, things like that.
Smaller loads also lessens the side to side shaking that occurs when heavy loads are in.
Once every two weeks or so, we take the big blankets and bedding covers to the local laundry or cleaner and do them there.
But we love it.....and have never had a problem. I use an old soft bristled 2 inch paint brush to keep the lint off the chrome outside and a soft bristled baby bottle brush to slide up into the slot opening, twisting it around to grab the lint that gets stuck to the inside.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
RVParkReviews.com