3 Pages V < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Your Best And Your Favorite Rv Park(s), Tell everybody your best experiences
Piscesman
post Sep 26 2010, 07:15 PM
Post #16

Group: Moderated
Member No.: 42221

Inverness Beach Campground, Inverness, Cape Breton, Nova Scotia, Canada. Small but well maintained...the beach and the sunsets are to die for....
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
riserdude
post Jun 26 2011, 01:03 PM
Post #17

Member No.: 43319

We would have to say our favorite is Cherrystone in Virginia. The summers are great with many actvities for the kids. Pools, waterpark, fishing piers, crabbing, biking, you name it. Have bands on the weekends, movies for kids, a store and restaurant even a laundry. Our kids love it!! Halloween is very nice, good haunted house/hey ride.
+Quote Post
Annie Maricle
post Jun 26 2011, 01:19 PM
Post #18

Member No.: 57903

[size=3] smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif
QUOTE(MelindaK @ Sep 14 2010, 12:46 AM) *

I have only been doing this for a short time (not a full timer...that is my dream), but so far my favorite where you could stay a month is Mountain View RV Park & Resort in Creede, Colorado. I could sit there all day and look at the mountains. There are lots of day trips you can take from this location not to mention all things you can do around Creede. My next choise would be Colter Bay Village RV Park in the Grand Tetons, but the max stay is 14 days there. You are 30 minutes from the south entrance of Yellowstone and only an hour from Jackson, Wyoming.

I totally agree with Colter Bay Village Rv Park. The area is beyond expression. We love being there. The beauty of the mountains are magnetic to a rv camper. Also, We love Creekside Rv Campgrounds in Pigeon Forge Tenn. Great location to everything in that area. Wish I were in one or the other place right now. smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif
+Quote Post
DeckmanF
post Jul 9 2011, 04:14 PM
Post #19

Member No.: 58702

We are currently enjoying all the state campgrounds in Louisiana...and Kisatchie National Forest was great. The state campgrounds have water and electricity and wifi...and last night we even had our own dock! Of course, with the heat and humidity we need the a/c!

DeckmanF
+Quote Post
Wink
post Jul 10 2011, 05:20 AM
Post #20

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 26986

That is a hard question to answer.Depends on if you are looking for long stay as full timers or like us that go some where about every month with A few five or six week trips here and there.
We have been to some really nice ones that were not full hook up so would not want to stay there full time.
It would be easer to say what is the worst park you have ever been to.But then I guess I am lucky that don't really have a horror story as some I have heard.I guess because we stay at State and Federal parks most of the time.And the privet ones we have been to all were pretty good. smile.gif
Wink

--------------------
Home is where we park it.
+Quote Post
GarrettSmith
post Aug 19 2011, 07:03 AM
Post #21

Member No.: 62069

What generally appeals to us is shade, quiet and dog friendly.

Colter Bay is wonderful for myriad reasons

There are so many others that could be tied for 2nd place.

And unfortunately several that are tied for last place!

--------------------
Michael Smith
Cynthia Garrett
Jacob and Bella - Canine children
31' Four Winds 5000
+Quote Post
coacbcps
post Apr 26 2012, 12:51 PM
Post #22

Advanced Member

Member No.: 32047

My family and I love Bethpage in Virginia. They have a huge water area with many different pools, water slides, kiddie pools, etc. The sites are HUGE and leveled, the largest we've ever stayed at for a private campground. They have many activities to keep the kiddies busy. An ice cream parlor that gives big, healthy scoops (a hit with the hubby). tongue.gif
+Quote Post
jaskar
post Jun 6 2012, 03:12 PM
Post #23

Member No.: 69716

We live and mostly camp in NC. For hiking, fishing etc, we love Stone Mountain State Park near Wilkesboro. When my son and I go strictly for trout fishing, we stay either at Stone Mountain or Mountain Stream RV Park which is near Marion. Tons of good fishing in that area and the park is very pretty and there is a stream on the property with many sites backing up to it and lots of trout there too.

For the beach, another vote for Camp Hatteras in Rodanthe/Waves.
+Quote Post
notsofastdave
post Jun 17 2012, 09:08 AM
Post #24

Member No.: 66877

Heartside Grove in Petosky MI and J Bar Rafter in Hill City SD
+Quote Post
jbwv
post Jul 3 2012, 03:05 PM
Post #25

Member No.: 34872

Lake George RV Park, Lake George, NY (about an hour north of Albany, exit 20 off of I-87). Clean, TONS to do inside and outside the park, and just a beautiful area for so many activities, especially hiking opportunities in the Adirondacks. We go there every year.

Beyond LGRVP, I'm partial to state parks because I like the privacy afforded by the generous space between sites; my biggest pet peeve is being right on top of folks in the adjacent site, especially when they have no notion of being a good camping neighbor. Most of these are reasonably close to my home in eastern WV:
  • Rocky Gap near Cumberland, MD
  • Douthat State Park near Clifton Forge, VA
  • Westmoreland State Park near Fredericksburg, VA.
I saw Bethpage mentioned in posts here. While it has it's good points, I found some of the sites to be close together and the endless parades of jacked-up golf carts "cruising" the park at night quite annoying.

Hopefully a trip to Acadia is in our not-too-distant future - I hear it's wonderful. If anyone has any thoughts on that area, please share!
+Quote Post
Kalama Traveler
post Jul 7 2012, 11:51 PM
Post #26

Member No.: 43004

I find the question interesting. Of course, the answer depends on who you are and what you enjoy. My wife and I are from Washington State, and retired. Come winter time, we like to get out of the cold, clouds, rain and snow, so we head south. The park that we have found that we really like and return to often is Desert Shadows in Cathedral City CA. As I mentioned, it depends on who you are and what you want. This is a "condo" park, so you rent owners spots. We usually stay here about six weeks. It is a 55+ park with all the amenities. They have everything from Bocce ball, to dances, to concerts, to tours to ping pong, putting green, six pools (one indoors), five hot tubs, tennis courts, friendly staff, the most friendly people you will ever meet live there, etc. etc. etc., and of course the most important things: sun and warmth. Plus the many things to do in the Coachella Valley.

While I mentioned all the bad weather in the winter in the Pacific Northwest, when the sun does come out, like it did today, 85 degrees, it is a marvelous place. During the Summer and early Fall, the place we love to go to is the RV Resort at Cannon Beach, Oregon. Room, grass, trees, and a short walk to one of the most beautiful stretches of beach in the country.

Anyway, these are two of our favorite places. If any of you are in these areas, please check them out. You will not be disappointed.
+Quote Post
luvretirement
post Jul 8 2012, 09:32 PM
Post #27

Member No.: 24904

You gotta see Bella Terra RV Resort in Foley, AL. It is a motorhome only resort with mostly owned sites, but many sites are available for rent. The reviewers give it a 10 across the board. The staff treat you like family and they all go out of their way to make you feel welcome. There aren't enough words to describe this resort. Foley is just north of Gulf Shores, AL, about 6 miles from one of the prettiest beaches in the country. Winters are mild but summers can be brutal with the humidity.

Another favorite of ours is Palm Creek in Casa Grande, AZ. This is a mega park with beautiful facilities. The complaints seem to deal mainly with poor wi-fi, but that didn't bother us because we had our own. This is our favorite winter location.

As others have stated, Coulter Bay in the Tetons is gorgeous as long as you don't mind drycamping.

We have only camped in 25 states, but these are our choices so far. biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
American Biker
post Jul 9 2012, 06:47 PM
Post #28

Member No.: 71147

My favorite park is the Victorian RV Park in Sparks Nevada. I always come up here for Hot August Nights (classic car event) and the Street Vibrations Motorcycle Rally.

The park has really nice landscaping and large trees to keep the sun off the top of the RV. It is also pet friendly and within walking distance to the events.

If you'er travelling to the Reno area, check it out!

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
FosterImposters
post Jul 10 2012, 12:27 PM
Post #29

Advanced Member

Member No.: 17719

Welcome aboard American Biker!
Great photo.
Whoo boy: I'm betting it is the 'surface of the sun' temperatures in Nevada right now!
Keep cool.
cool.gif
+Quote Post
Frank Rader
post Jul 14 2012, 10:47 PM
Post #30

Member No.: 58594

Riverside, Bayfield CO. Great sites, use of terrain and nature, staff, bathrooms, rates. Restful, night sky.

Custer Crazyhorse, Custer SD. Feels like a campground. Nicely designed. Well located, yet not up on the street. night sky.

Lake Chautauqu KOA, Dewitteville NY. Elevated view of the lake. middle of 200 acres of wildlife. Strong services, staff. Night sky.

To make this list:
(1) No campground lighting other than from campers, vehicle and necessary security lighting.
(2) Natural setting with fire ring, picnic table, level sites, tight hook ups.
(3) Very clean bathroom, functional laundry
(4) Wi-Fi
(5) A "community" center or event such as ice cream social or large fire ring where folks gather.
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
RVParkReviews.com