3 Pages V < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Your Best And Your Favorite Rv Park(s), Tell everybody your best experiences
sightseer
post Aug 16 2012, 07:48 PM
Post #31

Group: Moderated
Member No.: 73305

After 6yrs fulltiming our all time favorite has to be Winchester Bay RV Resort in Winchester Bay, OR. In fact we are headed that way again now and may stop again.

We would also go to Fishpatrick's for seafood...he catches them himself and even Served them to us in his restaurant! smile.gif
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
MelBtraveln
post Aug 15 2014, 04:19 PM
Post #32

Group: Members
Member No.: 89857

I noticed that there haven't been any replies to this topic in a very long time. But what the heck? I'll throw in my two cents worth.

My favorite places to camp have always been in state and national parks.

In no particular order, here are my favorite state parks:

1. Palo Duro Canyon SP in the Texas panhandle. Very large state park with over 16 miles of in- park paved roads and great hiking. Camping sites vary but most all have nice views. Summer can be a scorcher there but worth it in order to take in the outdoor musical drama "Texas!" It's in a wonderful outdoor amphitheater with the canyon wall as a backdrop. Quite a few really great special effects throughout the show that may surprise you!
http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/state-parks/palo-duro-canyon

2. Tyler State Park in east Texas, 100 miles east of Dallas and just 2 miles north of I-20, is a beautiful park with a 64 acre spring-fed lake. You don't need a fishing license to fish from the shore of any lake in a Texas State Park, so take your rod & reel or your cane pole. The lake has a swimming beach as well as pedal boat and canoe rentals. There is a trail around the perimeter of the lake that is a fairly easy hike. I've camped all over the southwest and keep going back to Tyler State Park. There are plenty of full hook-up sites, some with lake views. My favorite seasons there are spring (forest is loaded with red bud and dogwood trees, as well as many varieties of wild flowers) and fall (wonderful fall colors throughout the forest and it's much cooler).

http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/state-parks/tyler

3. Mueller State Park in Colorado, while fairly close to Colorado Springs, is a world away from the city. This is a very large park with miles and miles of fabulous hiking trails. We didn't have hookups, but were able to fill our H2O tank and dump our black & grey tanks when needed. From the front portion of our campsite, we had a great view of Pike's Peak. Stunning! The rangers keep a pretty tight reign on things and enforce the rules, which is a good thing these days. While on hikes there we saw deer, elk, blue grouse and more. I can't emphasize enough how terrific the hiking trail system is in this park. And there are trails for people with any and every ability, from flat and easy to lots of ups, downs, twists and turns. We hope to return to Mueller soon.

http://cpw.state.co.us/placestogo/Parks/Mueller

Happy camping,

Mel
+Quote Post
BankShot
post Aug 16 2014, 02:06 AM
Post #33

Member No.: 78954

Just noticed this thread and wanted to add our two favorite parks to this growing list.

!. Gilbert Ray State Campground - So. West of Tucson, AZ. If you like being out in the desert in Jan., Feb., or March this is absolutely the nicest state campground we have run across and it's on our trip route at some point during Feb. of every year. The coyotes howl at night and the birds chirp during the day and there's nothing to do but enjoy nature and revel in the beauty and quietness this park provides. Unfortunately you can only stay for 7 days max and it's on a first come, first served basis but it a wonderful place to spend a week and our very favorite.......

2. JGW RV Park - Located just a few miles south of Redding, CA and right on the Sacramento River. Reserve one of the several pull thrus facing the river and you'll think you've died and gone to heaven. Just a really nice park, well taken care of and friendly folks all around. We try to get up there in the early fall when the temperature drops below 100 degrees. Watching the river flow by about 75 feet in front of your coach with a nice glass of wine in the evenings, well it just don't get much "mo betta" than that....................

Wishing all of you a happy summer of RVing. .............. BankShot
+Quote Post
dalsgal
post Aug 16 2014, 06:57 AM
Post #34

Advanced Member

Member No.: 14080

Anyone that reads this thread can easily see why the reviews vary so much on the review part of the board. While we all love the parks we like best, you can see from the postings that we all look for such different things. Some look for activities, some look for fancy amenities and some of us just look for peace, quiet and simplicity. There is nothing wrong with any of these desires at all but it does show that we value different things.
+Quote Post
MelBtraveln
post Aug 16 2014, 10:12 AM
Post #35

Member No.: 89857

QUOTE(dalsgal @ Aug 16 2014, 07:57 AM) *

Anyone that reads this thread can easily see why the reviews vary so much on the review part of the board. While we all love the parks we like best, you can see from the postings that we all look for such different things. Some look for activities, some look for fancy amenities and some of us just look for peace, quiet and simplicity. There is nothing wrong with any of these desires at all but it does show that we value different things.

I couldn't agree more, Dalsgal! And that is one of the things I love about camping/RVing: You meet the most interesting/diverse group of people in the world, from every walk of life. And the Great Outdoors has something for each of us. I can find all the spectacular scenery and views, hiking trails, and peace and tranquility I want. Others can find the particular settings and activities they prefer. With our tents, pop-ups, truck campers, TTs, 5ers, and MHs we can have just the kind of experience we like. The camping life -- be it in a back country tent or a luxury MH in a "Rolls Royce" RV park -- is grand.

The guy on this forum who signs "Home is where I park it" has the right idea! And choosing our parking spot is one way we express our individuality. Life couldn't get any better.

Mel
+Quote Post
Texasrvers
post Aug 16 2014, 10:14 AM
Post #36

Advanced Member

Group: Admin
Member No.: 5452

QUOTE(dalsgal @ Aug 16 2014, 07:57 AM) *

So true, and many times that is why a park has both high and low ratings. It just depends on whether the reviewer found what he was looking for in a park.
+Quote Post
mdcamping
post Aug 16 2014, 03:56 PM
Post #37

Advanced Member

Member No.: 14145

QUOTE(mdcamping @ Aug 25 2010, 09:30 PM) *

Our all time favorite Family camping trip would have to be hands down Cherrystone Campground in VA, between the crabbing, charter fishing, pools and everything else my kids still talk about that trip.

Camp Hatteras on the OBX in NC was DW and I's favorite, just loved the geography of the dunes out there and the waves and beaches were to die for!

Our favorite local campground would definitely be Odetah in CT.

Mike

Since I last posted on this subject our new local favorite campground in CT would be West Thompson Lake Campground! cool.gif

Mike
+Quote Post
mdcamping
post Aug 16 2014, 04:06 PM
Post #38

Advanced Member

Member No.: 14145

QUOTE(dalsgal @ Aug 16 2014, 08:57 AM) *
Some look for activities, some look for fancy amenities and some of us just look for peace, quiet and simplicity.

Were still mixing it up, seems every camping trip has it's own different purpose. But that's what I love about camping! cool.gif

Mike
+Quote Post
BankShot
post Aug 16 2014, 05:00 PM
Post #39

Member No.: 78954

I'd like to add one more thing on this thread that I feel is relevant. I am fairly new to this RVing lifestyle. My "significant other" worked on me for several years for us to buy a motorhome and I managed to stay out of the driver's seat by telling her she'd never get me behind the wheel of "one of those behemoths". Well, an unplanned trip to an RV show about three years ago stopped that way of thinking and by allowing myself to take a test drive in the unit we ended up buying, my life was abruptly turned around. Now I can't wait to take that puppy on our next trip and so on. What a great way to enjoy not just the open road but all the various campgrounds and parks along the way. The incredible times we have had on every single trip made to date have been life changing memories for us. Out next trip in three weeks takes us to the Oregon coast where the surf will be crashing on the beach a few feet from our space and the wine will be ten times better than when we drink it at home................. tongue.gif
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
RVParkReviews.com