RV Park Reviews

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Rv House Electricity, spliting the house electricity
Buzkill
post Oct 3 2010, 09:42 PM
Post #1

Group: Moderated
Member No.: 50834

This is my first post so please bare with me: general coach info. 2002 Fleetwood expedition 36
House power is @ 30 amp with a toggle switch between the microwave, washer dry, and water heaterís heating element. So I can only use one of the items listed @ a given time. The limitations were not acceptable to me and upgrading to a 50 amp was & is out of the question. I have put a lot of thought in this and need a knowledgeable personís advice.
I have decided to run a 2nd power source to the RV more specific a 20amp separate power source to accommodate the water heaterís H element and the washer and dryer. I'm going to eliminate the toggle switches and permanently connect the microwave to the 30 amp utilizing the existing breaker of the RV for the microwave and add a 20amp breaker in a vacant spot of the panel and run the 20amp power supply to it. Yes I will have two separate plugs for hookups the original 25' 30amp cord and a new 25' 20amp compatible cord. The work is going to be done by a pro electrician.
Will some one please comment on any safety issues that might concern them regarding this project?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
RVParkReviews.com