RV Park Reviews

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Texas Permanent Rv Parks?
SgtRock
post Feb 21 2011, 08:41 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 54108

Hello Everyone, we are new & wondering if anybody has info on Permanent land/lease RV or Park Model RV parks in Texas? We have recently come across one that charges $25,000 for a lifetime land/lease & $800. annual maintenance fees.We are just trying to compare other like parks out there, any ideas? Thanks! SgtRock
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
kcmoedoe
post Feb 21 2011, 02:12 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 21445

Be very careful about "lifetime and permanent" leases. They may only apply to your lifetime. Pretty steep to pay $25K for a lease and have it expire if you expire 10 days after signing. Also, be sure to check on the strength of the lessor. Leases will terminate if the land is foreclosed on for either non payment of lenders or non payment of taxes. Also, I would be concerned about how stable those annual fees will be. They can rise dramatically if costs rise or the property doesn't fill as planned or people just stop paying, leaving the others to cover the costs. I personally prefer either a long term yearly lease without the big upfront or ownership.
+Quote Post
SgtRock
post Feb 21 2011, 06:59 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 54108

QUOTE(kcmoedoe @ Feb 21 2011, 03:12 PM) *

Be very careful about "lifetime and permanent" leases. They may only apply to your lifetime. Pretty steep to pay $25K for a lease and have it expire if you expire 10 days after signing. Also, be sure to check on the strength of the lessor. Leases will terminate if the land is foreclosed on for either non payment of lenders or non payment of taxes. Also, I would be concerned about how stable those annual fees will be. They can rise dramatically if costs rise or the property doesn't fill as planned or people just stop paying, leaving the others to cover the costs. I personally prefer either a long term yearly lease without the big upfront or ownership.

Yes, we are moving away from that idea of a membership fee & have been looking at Parks that have just monthly maintenance fees & retirement people only.I was also wondering if there are parks to put new park model homes rather than purchase older ones.Presently we are looking at Texas hill country out skirts, ie: Kerrville etc. away from the Fredericksburg area as it seems very popular & thus, expensive
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
RVParkReviews.com