RV Park Reviews

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Texas Permanent Rv Parks?
SgtRock
post Feb 21 2011, 08:41 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 54108

Hello Everyone, we are new & wondering if anybody has info on Permanent land/lease RV or Park Model RV parks in Texas? We have recently come across one that charges $25,000 for a lifetime land/lease & $800. annual maintenance fees.We are just trying to compare other like parks out there, any ideas? Thanks! SgtRock
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
Luvtheroad
post Mar 4 2011, 11:15 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 45805

A few months ago I was reading a thread on another site about buying into a campsite. There were a lot of posters who said they were promised "pie in the sky" by the sellers: "we'll be building a huge rec center 'next year'; just think....this is something you can leave to your children (that's assuming your children WANT it); if you get tired of coming, you can always sell it and probably make a good profit on it (yeah...right)"; etc. etc. The postings poured in about the lies, the exaggerations and just the fact that you'll probably never make a killing on selling the campsite and you have a pretty big chance of taking a real bath on it. A number of people said they had no choice but to walk away and take their losses. A couple mentioned that they were threatened with legal action for doing this. The postings came from a wide variety of areas. Of course, you had the posters who thought this was the greatest thing since sliced bread but, sceptic that I am, I have a sneaking suspicion that these posts were from the sellers, not the buyers. Who knows?

+Quote Post
SgtRock
post Mar 10 2011, 05:57 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 54108

QUOTE(jamarynn1 @ Mar 5 2011, 12:15 AM) *

A few months ago I was reading a thread on another site about buying into a campsite. There were a lot of posters who said they were promised "pie in the sky" by the sellers: "we'll be building a huge rec center 'next year'; just think....this is something you can leave to your children (that's assuming your children WANT it); if you get tired of coming, you can always sell it and probably make a good profit on it (yeah...right)"; etc. etc. The postings poured in about the lies, the exaggerations and just the fact that you'll probably never make a killing on selling the campsite and you have a pretty big chance of taking a real bath on it. A number of people said they had no choice but to walk away and take their losses. A couple mentioned that they were threatened with legal action for doing this. The postings came from a wide variety of areas. Of course, you had the posters who thought this was the greatest thing since sliced bread but, sceptic that I am, I have a sneaking suspicion that these posts were from the sellers, not the buyers. Who knows?

Hello everyone, we just wanted to give an update on our experience with this Private Texas park in the Hill Country that charges $25,000. for the land/lease Park model trailer deal.We had been talking to these two Texas sisters who own this "only game in town Park" as one of the sisters told me over the phone.They knew we hail from Canada & we were going to fly down to look at this lot before we give anyone 25K!.So, we asked about holding the lot until we could come down(in the next couple of weekends,from the time we were talking to them,last week, early March '11). The one sister said $500. non-refundable, cause "another couple was to visit on monday" after the weekend we had been discussing it.So, that immediately raised the Red flag for us! We then let them know we would discuss it over the weekend & let them know when & if we would send the email confirming the $500. to hold lot or just let it ride.We decided not to give them the $$ & would just think on it a little more.After we sent the email to them, we haven't heard one word from them after 3-4 days of talking on the phone,receiving pictures thru email etc., they dropped all contact like a hot potatoe! Wow, we were really surprised & even shocked that the contact died so suddenly.I guess alot of your input about being wary about up-front $$ looks to be quite sound thinking after all & we would like to thank everyone for their contributing comments. Thank You, Dean&Vicky "Frozen Chosen"
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
RVParkReviews.com