> Less People Camping.
Galli
post Jun 14 2012, 03:35 PM
Post #76

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 4833

QUOTE(jamarynn1 @ Jun 14 2012, 02:21 PM) *

This is our fourth rv park since we left Florida on June 1st and all but one have been almost deserted, and that one only had five transient spots anyway. Right now, we're in a 160-site beautiful park in Virginia and there are only eight other rigs in the park. We're all alone in one area of the park and I LOVE IT!!! We're out for four months this year and it will be interesting to see how crowded the parks are going to be.

Yeep, I agree with you, Florida, at least central Florida is rather empty as RV resorts; I am spending every winter in one of those places and you can choose the spot to put your trailer.
Yes, it is bad for business but because of a fewer campers, the RV resorts had to improve their service or close down the business.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
jamarynn1
post Jun 15 2012, 02:17 PM
Post #77

Advanced Member

Member No.: 45805

OK, I think our luck just ran out. We pulled into a campground in Pennsylvania this afternoon and it is packed and getting fuller by the moment. But, it is nearer a major tourist attraction, so that factors in.
+Quote Post
Wink
post Jun 16 2012, 05:06 PM
Post #78

Advanced Member

Member No.: 26986

QUOTE(jamarynn1 @ Jun 15 2012, 02:17 PM) *

OK, I think our luck just ran out. We pulled into a campground in Pennsylvania this afternoon and it is packed and getting fuller by the moment. But, it is nearer a major tourist attraction, so that factors in.

Or Fathers day may be part of it with family's going to the attractions Sunday.

--------------------
Home is where we park it.
+Quote Post
Fitzjohnfan
post Jul 15 2012, 01:29 AM
Post #79

Advanced Member

Member No.: 41655

Along this original topic, I was wondering if any of the admins have any data as to the number of reviews coming in this year, vs last year, vs the year before? This might be a good, unbiased indicator of the amount of camping that's going on.

--------------------
Chris G.
Westminster, CO
FMCA: F3508-S
1989 32' Southwind MH
+Quote Post
Texasrvers
post Jul 15 2012, 10:36 AM
Post #80

Advanced Member

Group: Admin
Member No.: 5452

I would imagine there is a way to find this out, but I'm not sure any of the admins has access to it. It might be something that only the WM can look up. He stays pretty busy, but we can always ask.

Unofficially I can say that there does not seem to be as many reviews as the last two years, but that is just my impression. Nothing to back it up. Course that doesn't necessarily mean there is less camping going on. It could just mean that people may not be writing reviews for the places they have camped.
+Quote Post
Jerry S.
post Jul 16 2012, 10:22 AM
Post #81

Advanced Member

Member No.: 10441

Any increase in the number of reviews coming into this site is possibly more a function of an increase in the number of reviewers. If there are 100 more reviews coming in every week compared to last year, that may be because there are 100 new reviewers who were not writing reviews last year. As Texasrvers noted, a decrease in the number of reviews coming in could have several causes and not proof that there is less camping. Then again, some of us are traveling less do to reasons other than gas costs or our economic situation. I, for example, did not take my normal 4-5 week trip to the Gulf coast this May due to medical problems. I'll be lucky to get in 2 months on the road this year versus my normal 4+ months.
+Quote Post
joez
post Jul 16 2012, 10:39 AM
Post #82

Advanced Member

Member No.: 19489

I, for example, did not take my normal 4-5 week trip to the Gulf coast this May due to medical problems. I'll be lucky to get in 2 months on the road this year versus my normal 4+ months.

We also, due to medical issues and pressing work issues for DW, have been forced to cut our normal 6 month journey into 10 weeks. I hate when life gets in the way of fun.
+Quote Post
Wind Runner
post Jul 16 2012, 07:03 PM
Post #83

Member No.: 70496

After spending the winter in the Greater New Orleans area (visiting family) starting in May I took the southwestern route through TX, NM, AZ, NV, & CA and am currently in OR enroute to WA then BC. Mostly Passport America except where not available. The further west I got, the higher the occupancy rates. Highest fuel price was $5.29 for diesel just outside of Yosemite (for once, cheaper in the park). Crown Point Campground in the Columbia River Gorge was full for July 4th, but otherwise almost always one empty space.
+Quote Post
joez
post Jul 23 2012, 02:15 PM
Post #84

Advanced Member

Member No.: 19489

Just completed 2 overnights on I-75 between TN and FL. Both campgrounds told me that they were having the slowest year ever this year. The heat and drought had some effect, but both cited the economy as their belief for the down years. These places are normally slower in summer, but this year both campgrounds were near empty when we were there.
+Quote Post
vincee
post Jul 23 2012, 03:14 PM
Post #85

Advanced Member

Member No.: 36179

Do to work schedule and an elderly mom DW and I have not been out as much as we should be this year. Living in the Western New York area our local CGs are inundated with folks down from Ontario, Canada much more so than I can recall in the past. What we have also noticed is that there seems to be much less driveable rigs out there and more pull behinds, especially pop-ups and TT. Sorta a side note, came home on 7/15 from a trip to Sicily, Italy. While taking in many beautiful parts of this country with family (there for a celebration) we both wined "we wish we were camping in our MH"!
+Quote Post

6 Pages V « < 4 5 6
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
RVParkReviews.com