RV Park Reviews

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Going To Buy Travel Trailer, HELP!!!!!
vincee
post Aug 30 2011, 07:39 AM
Post #16

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 36179

When my wife and I purchased our 31ft class A, our line of thinking was go "as big as we can afford at this time". Camping and being in the outdoors provokes great thoughts of sunrise, bacon cooking on an outdoor grill/stove, campfires and peaceful relaxation. However, we were mindful that Mother Nature does not always cooperate. This directed our attention to inside space for dining, relaxing, conversation with friends and sad to say, TV watching. Pay attention to dinette space, sofa and or sofa/chair positioning, kitchen counter top space (amazing how many fairly large RV's have little or no counter space to prepare food). Also, toilet facilities separate from shower with perhaps a separate sink area too. Look for the amount of roof vents and fans. One heater or two (my Allegro has two and a Heat Pump AC unit, love it!) and are they ducted, along with AC unit(s). We chose a class A because of the spacious feeling you get from the cockpit area adding to living space with the "picture window" effect from the large windshield to let in light. We tow on a dolly my wife's car. We both agree that 5th wheels have an incredible amount of interior space with some awesome floor plans. But, we do not own a truck to pull one and when not RV'ing we are not truck type people. Trailers offer an economy to RV lifestyle and at a spring of this year RV show there were a couple with floor plans that made me consider (though briefly) that we really like the layout more than class A's. What ever you chose, take your time, talk to as many owners of different types of rigs as you can and you won't go wrong. Fill us in and keep us posted on your adventures! When time permits, travel the two lane to take in the breath and beauty of this great land of ours!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
KentuckyCampin
post Aug 30 2011, 11:27 AM
Post #17

Advanced Member

Member No.: 29148

Vincee
I couldnt agree with you more on the counter space issue. Our 2007 gulfstream was nice, but the counter space was severely limited. To the point that we really had no place to put the coffee maker!!! (we ended up putting it on the stove)!!
So when we bought our Jayco, that was one thing we made a point to me mindful of, and one other thing. It may seem little, but look at your sink space. Our gulfstream had a single sink, and when it was time to do the dishes, kind of a pain! So that was another thing we put on our list of had to haves, a double sink!

--------------------
The Bakers
2011 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD
2011 Jayco Jayflight swift 264BH

Camping, its not a hobby, its a way of life!!
+Quote Post
Wink
post Aug 30 2011, 07:34 PM
Post #18

Advanced Member

Member No.: 26986

That just depends on what you like.We have a 30 foot that we can store everything from a 6 foot letter to a large satellite dish like home dish net in from out side.Walk in shower and a lot of comforts of home all from factory.I pull with a E 350 so a lot of storage that you can lock there.The down side is not very kid friendly but for two it is great.

--------------------
Home is where we park it.
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
RVParkReviews.com