14 Pages V « < 12 13 14  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> KOA, Good or Bad?
GRL
post Nov 16 2012, 11:00 PM
Post #196

Group: Moderated
Member No.: 75858

I have found that the best place to overnight is at Cracker Barrel. Just stop into a Cracker Barrel and pick up a map of all the restaurants in the USA. As you travel call ahead to tell them you will be staying the night. Get up the next morning, get breakfast, and back on the road. Free and convenient. wub.gif
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
jschrubba
post Nov 27 2012, 12:48 PM
Post #197

Group: Moderated
Member No.: 51131

QUOTE(easyrider65_01 @ Sep 29 2004, 10:22 PM) *

I am relatively new to owning an RV and I was wondering if KOAs as a whole are nice or if it better to stay non-franchise cg s. I f have stayed a few KOAs and I get the feeling that KOA does not monitor the cgs that are not in the more tourist areas. I plan on doing a lot of traveling and KOA has a great website to locate a cg. I hope that my poor experiences have been the exception rather than the norm. So, as a whole are KOAs to be avoided mad.gif or enjoyed biggrin.gif ?

We have stayed at many a KOA and I agree that there are good ones and bad ones. I rely a lot on the reviews on this site and I find that private owned campgrounds are nice also. If you have a specific one you are looking at I would ask the reviewers this goes for privately owned also. Good Sam reviews are a reliable source also. Happy Camping! Can't wait for summer! biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
Lindsay Richards
post Nov 27 2012, 01:00 PM
Post #198

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 4762

Allstays Smart phone app has a look up for Cracker Barrel. It can coordinate with your phone's GPS and give you turn by turn directions right to the door. We have stayed at quite a few of them over the years. We usually find we have to decouple the toad to fit properly.

Just read this weekend that KOA is starting to mark their parks Overnight, Holiday, and Resort as to inform about their different style parks.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Fitzjohnfan
post Nov 28 2012, 02:42 PM
Post #199

Advanced Member

Member No.: 41655

QUOTE(Lindsay Richards @ Nov 27 2012, 12:00 PM) *

Just read this weekend that KOA is starting to mark their parks Overnight, Holiday, and Resort as to inform about their different style parks.

Here is the info on the KOA re-branding...
http://rvdailyreport.com/News/ctl/ArticleV...initiative.aspx

Why don't they re-brand them with titles we campers can understand like:
"Dump", "Ok for overnight", and "Resort" or
"Reasonably priced", "Overpriced", and "Way Overpriced".

--------------------
Chris G.
Westminster, CO
FMCA: F3508-S
1989 32' Southwind MH
+Quote Post
jan-n-john
post Nov 29 2012, 12:59 PM
Post #200

Advanced Member

Member No.: 17691

QUOTE(Fitzjohnfan @ Nov 28 2012, 03:42 PM) *

Why don't they re-brand them with titles we campers can understand like:
"Dump", "Ok for overnight", and "Resort" or
"Reasonably priced", "Overpriced", and "Way Overpriced".

+1
+Quote Post
joez
post Nov 29 2012, 01:28 PM
Post #201

Advanced Member

Member No.: 19489

"Reasonably priced", "Overpriced", and "Way Overpriced"

Which leads to an obvious question. What is reasonable, and what is overpriced? We just made an auto road trip (we do not travel in the motorhome where the temperature gets cold) and had to stay a couple of motel nights. Because we travel with the dog and pet friendly motel choices are limited, we stayed in a couple that were not what I call more than just adequate. In each case an adequate room with a coffee maker, small microwave, tv, small refrigerator, and reasonable security cost in excess of $100 per night.

Sometimes when I complain about campground costs (and I do a lot), I have to remind myself that what I think the charges should be or what I can afford or what I paid ten years ago have no bearing on what the campground charge will be.
+Quote Post

14 Pages V « < 12 13 14
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
RVParkReviews.com