RV Park Reviews

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Campground Website Photos, CG WEBSITES with outdated photos
SASMITH
post Sep 5 2011, 08:35 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 39304

We have only been rving for a short while and am having problems finding campgrounds suited to our liking. Since all rv'ers have different wants, likes, and needs the campground reviews are not always the best bet on finding a park to our liking. I generally read the review then go the CG website for more info, but what I usually find is that the website has outdated photos(photos of the park when NEW). I find it hard to understand why people would give bad reviews on a CG that looks as perfect as the pictures on their website. This concern was also brought up in the Topic on this forum "Pictures in review". I think adding a space for current and updated photo into the review would be a good idea. Just my 2 cents.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
Texasrvers
post Aug 2 2013, 04:11 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Admin
Member No.: 5452

With no offense to you personally, how would readers know if the posted pictures were any more accurate than the ones on the website?
+Quote Post
KFS
post Aug 2 2013, 04:29 PM
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 81442

QUOTE(Texasrvers @ Aug 2 2013, 04:11 PM) *

With no offense to you personally, how would readers know if the posted pictures were any more accurate than the ones on the website?

None taken!

Accuracy is no more guaranteed by word than by photograph so concerns about photo inaccuracies are puzzling. I suppose someone might "plant" a problem in a photo or create one via photo editing (?) but the same could be said of a written review.

One example would be a location we recently visited. Visually stunning on the website - and also in my photo (it's a beautiful pool). Otherwise, however, the park is looking shabby and the photos I took of badly rusted doorway, torn carpeting and mildew climbing the walls would be of interest to ME if I were a fellow traveler. A photo of "dirty" and "maintenance required" says far more than a reader trying to ascertain what my standards might be. One persons "filth" is another's tiny speck of lint on a rug. My photo has geo tags that prove location (if that were in question).

Photos may not always be used negatively. I have been pleased to share photos of gorgeous rooms, grounds and similar that have been rated helpful for assuring others that - at least at time I traveled - the properties continued to "match" the representation provided by professional / Web photos.

We are a society of social media addicts who Instagram every meal as if we don't know what a hamburger looks like. Visual media is a powerful tool.

I understand it can be daunting to host images, however. It's easy to say and likely harder to do.
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
SASMITH   Campground Website Photos   Sep 5 2011, 08:35 PM
jamarynn1   How about when the park's website shows five p...   Sep 5 2011, 10:49 PM
Lindsay Richards   Many of these folks don't realize the purpose ...   Sep 6 2011, 08:16 AM
joez   So, you have a business - a campground. This busin...   Sep 6 2011, 09:24 AM
vincee   Timely topic. Just last week I was searching New ...   Sep 6 2011, 10:46 AM
kcmoedoe   It is ADVERTISING!!! Of course they a...   Sep 6 2011, 08:37 PM
1775   When I look at the photos on a campsite's webp...   Sep 6 2011, 11:44 PM
vincee   kcmoedoe, you are right that it is Advertising...   Sep 7 2011, 07:25 AM
BriBri   There is one campground in Wentworth, New Hampshir...   Sep 7 2011, 08:31 AM
HappiestCamper   That's why everybody should take a picture of ...   Sep 7 2011, 08:48 AM
Wink   That's why everybody should take a picture of...   Sep 7 2011, 11:27 AM
Kawartha   We have only been rving for a short while and am ...   Sep 27 2011, 09:49 PM
Lindsay Richards   What I have see a few times and suspect that it wi...   Sep 28 2011, 09:54 PM
kcmoedoe   What I have see a few times and suspect that it w...   Sep 29 2011, 09:13 AM
jamarynn1   What I have see a few times and suspect that it w...   Sep 29 2011, 02:37 PM
Meyer Camping   What I have see a few times and suspect that it w...   Oct 4 2011, 07:40 AM
Lindsay Richards   The webcams I was talking about were not zoomed en...   Oct 4 2011, 07:28 PM
edcornflake   Put rv webcam into google or yahoo search e...   Apr 10 2012, 11:50 AM
chowhound   Between smart phones gps, webcams/security cams, w...   Oct 5 2011, 01:02 PM
JCZ   We're relatively new to RVing (our first year)...   Jun 1 2013, 09:20 AM
docj   I have to take the opposite position relative to p...   Jun 1 2013, 11:23 AM
KFS   I would love to be able to provide photos. I use T...   Aug 2 2013, 03:39 PM
Texasrvers   With no offense to you personally, how would reade...   Aug 2 2013, 04:11 PM
KFS   With no offense to you personally, how would read...   Aug 2 2013, 04:29 PM
Jann Swaim   Agree, Google is your best bet.....there is a webs...   Aug 8 2013, 01:59 PM
a.d   It is called advertisement. You can make all the E...   Aug 12 2013, 03:30 PM
John S.   I always look at google earth and find the campgro...   Aug 15 2013, 06:25 AM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
RVParkReviews.com