Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Class A Tire Pressure Question
chowhound
post Sep 18 2011, 09:58 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 41909

I have searched through the many tire topics on the forum but not found any past discussions on this topic.

For years with cars and pick ups and motothome I have kept the tire pressure (cold) approximately 90% of maximum i.e. 40 p.s.i. on passenger tire with a 44 p.s.i max. 108 p.s.i. on motorhome with 120 p.s.i. max. Never have had any problems as a result.

I recently installed a TPM system on the motorhome, and it referred me back to the manufacturers specifications for load and pressure. it reccommended that I weigh the motorhome and put in the minimum pressure for the load per axle (making sure that weight per tire does not exceed the maximum weght for that tire range).

I haven't weighed the motorhome yet, has any one else? The second part of the question is that if the load turns out to be far less that the maximum for the tire, and you reduce the p.s.i. accordingly wouldn't you lose m.p.g.? If more p.s.i. means more carrying capacity and better m.p.g. why wouldn't you simply go back to 90% of max p.s.i. ?

Any help on this topic would be appreciated.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
RVParkReviews.com