Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Choosing The Right Truck To Tow A Fifth Wheel
RanMan
post Sep 18 2011, 10:23 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 27866

I am buying a new Open Range Fifth Wheel. Length is 40', dry weight is approx 12,000 lbs. Pin weight is 2550 lbs. I will need to buy a truck to pull it with. I would like to buy a Dodge 2500, but have concerns about this truck being large enough for this size 5'er. I've asked around and got differing opinions. Some say yes, others say no way. This topic has probably been discussed already, but I would like some fresh input from those who are actually pulling 5'ers now or have recently done so. What size and or model/brand truck should I buy to tow such a large fifth wheel? Do I need to only consider a dually?
Let me just say, I know I should be able to figure this out for myself by using simple math and the manufacturer's towing and vehicle weight ratings, but I find all that quite confusing, and since I know there are people here with real world experience, and time on their hands, who would love to share that experience with me, I'd rather get their thoughts first, then I'll do the math.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
RVParkReviews.com