RV Park Reviews

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Rental Rv's-where You Rented, looking for reviews and recommendations
imagardener
post Sep 25 2011, 08:30 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 27806

What? Rent an RV? Why? (is that what you're thinking?)
Well before we bought our RV we wanted to rent one because we'd never driven one and didn't know anyone that owned one.

CruiseAmerica is where we rented and had our our first RV experience 5 years ago. It was horrible. The RV was old, not clean and the "check engine" light came on when we were far enough away from the rental company to be obnoxious, they wanted us to drive to get it repaired during our weekend rental, no thanks. Since CruiseAmerica is a nationwide franchise this is not a condemnation of all CAmerica locations but we rented in Estero FL just north of Naples and south of Ft. Myers.

The only good thing that came out of that horrible rental was while staying at a campground (Periwinkle Park in Sanibel FL) we met some people driving a Roadtrek van and they showed us their unit and we liked the size. We ended up buying a similar conversion van and have been happily RV'ing for the last 4 years.

BUT...we live in SW Florida and would love to skip the 4-5 days each way travel time to get to California or Utah. In short we'd love to find a great RV rental in California or Utah or Colorado, etc.
And even better would be if they rented conversion vans like ours.

Internet searches don't come with many trustworthy reviews. I was thrilled to find a conversion van rental in St. George Utah, yippee, and then my husband looked and they don't appear to have air-conditioning units other than in-dashboard. What? We're planning to be there in the height of summer. Please don't tell me we don't need A/C. We did a 7,000 mile trip to that area in 2010 (NE Utah, NE/NW New Mexico, N Arizona) and we sure did need A/C.

Any suggestions with personal recommendation is welcomed!
And bad reviews are also informative. I'm going to post second message right after this with my review of a rental RV we just did in Anchorage AK (didn't want to drive there from Florida either lol).

Thanks for any/all replies

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
RFCN2
post Oct 3 2011, 07:43 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 50133

We rented a number of times before buying about 7 years ago. We used cruise america twice and had good luck. The one 25' we got from them about 12 years ago to do the San Francisco - Crater Lake - and back loop was one of the best all around RVs we ever drove. It was brand new when we picked it up.

The last couple of RVs we rented were from Norm's RV rentals in Poway California. That is fairly close to San Diego. We got a very good 31' class C from them and a terrible 32' class A. They are on the internet.

You might consider looking through Craig's list for Utah or Las Vegas for RV rentals. Sometimes individuals have their own RVs for rent in them. Or you might consider giving CAmerica another try. The other big RV renter out west is El Monte RVs.

Bob

--------------------
Bob & Barbara
2002 Affinity
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
2013 Airdale Terrier
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
RVParkReviews.com