RV Park Reviews

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Rental Rv's-where You Rented, looking for reviews and recommendations
imagardener
post Sep 25 2011, 08:30 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 27806

What? Rent an RV? Why? (is that what you're thinking?)
Well before we bought our RV we wanted to rent one because we'd never driven one and didn't know anyone that owned one.

CruiseAmerica is where we rented and had our our first RV experience 5 years ago. It was horrible. The RV was old, not clean and the "check engine" light came on when we were far enough away from the rental company to be obnoxious, they wanted us to drive to get it repaired during our weekend rental, no thanks. Since CruiseAmerica is a nationwide franchise this is not a condemnation of all CAmerica locations but we rented in Estero FL just north of Naples and south of Ft. Myers.

The only good thing that came out of that horrible rental was while staying at a campground (Periwinkle Park in Sanibel FL) we met some people driving a Roadtrek van and they showed us their unit and we liked the size. We ended up buying a similar conversion van and have been happily RV'ing for the last 4 years.

BUT...we live in SW Florida and would love to skip the 4-5 days each way travel time to get to California or Utah. In short we'd love to find a great RV rental in California or Utah or Colorado, etc.
And even better would be if they rented conversion vans like ours.

Internet searches don't come with many trustworthy reviews. I was thrilled to find a conversion van rental in St. George Utah, yippee, and then my husband looked and they don't appear to have air-conditioning units other than in-dashboard. What? We're planning to be there in the height of summer. Please don't tell me we don't need A/C. We did a 7,000 mile trip to that area in 2010 (NE Utah, NE/NW New Mexico, N Arizona) and we sure did need A/C.

Any suggestions with personal recommendation is welcomed!
And bad reviews are also informative. I'm going to post second message right after this with my review of a rental RV we just did in Anchorage AK (didn't want to drive there from Florida either lol).

Thanks for any/all replies

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
Florida Native
post Oct 3 2011, 10:19 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 4762

We rented from a local dealer before deciding to buy, It was great. When we were at the Winne factory last year, they had 1100 new coaches that were going to be delivered to Great Alaskan Holidays. We talked with some of the folks and they had done it several time. They got the RV at a small price and had 11 days to go the 3500 miles. Most actually rented and additional week. The supplied the gas. They had from 26 to 30 ft Class C. Very impressive to see them all out in a field. They stay one night at Winne as a checkout, get anything fixed and then leave on a staged basis with the customer choosing the route. We ran into one out at Teddy Roosevelt National Park South and talked with therm a bit. They don't own an RV yet, but do this every year until they retire. The units are all brand new and generally have the Mercedes engine. They come equipped with pots, pans, and most everything but linens.

--------------------
Lindsay Richards
http://www.linandnancy.com
Formerly Lindsay Richards
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
RVParkReviews.com