> Alcohol In Campgrounds, alcohol
HappiestCamper
post Feb 12 2012, 12:24 PM
Post #16

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 15651

QUOTE(toadswife @ Feb 11 2012, 06:45 PM) *

Yes, I think so. Much like most who have replied, we do like to have a recreational drink while camping, but never the loud and obnoxious party type. I have been to a few parks that "oh by the way'd" me on this policy. None of the SC State Parks allow ANY alcohol, so take note. Hope this helps!

I've drank in about 10 SC State Parks, and the rangers in about 8 of those have seen me do that. They don't say anything because we are acting responsibly.

--------------------
Me ('62), DW ('61), DS ('97), DS ('99), DD ('03)
2003 Yukon XL 2500 8.1L 4.10 axle
2010 Dutchmen 28G-GS

IPB Image

CG's we've been to - http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&....811523&z=7
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
KentuckyCampin
post Mar 6 2012, 03:59 PM
Post #17

Advanced Member

Member No.: 29148

Yep I agree with everyone on this one. I have been to campgrounds where some people have had a little too much to drink and are loud, obnoxious, and blasting music waaaaay too loud until wee hours of the night. Not fun to be around, especially when you have kids who get to observe this conduct.
Now dont get me wrong, I enjoy a cold beer every now and then while camping. And use a beer cooler to cover it with so no one pays any attention. We camp mostly in state/coe parks and most of them have a "no alcohol" policy. But as long as your not flaunting it or being loud/obnoxious, nobody seems to care.

And I have to agree that the rule is in place to kick unruly drunks out of a campground. Nothing worse than some loud mouth drunk cussing and making a scene!

--------------------
The Bakers
2011 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD
2011 Jayco Jayflight swift 264BH

Camping, its not a hobby, its a way of life!!
+Quote Post
exsailor81
post Mar 11 2012, 06:29 PM
Post #18

Member No.: 36732

All the state parks and COE parks here in the south are dry. It is simply a way to sort out the drunks and give them a reason to evict them. I have no problem with that. My guess is that the majority of folks camped around me have adult beverages. There are other issues that are more important. Like FUNDING for these parks.
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
RVParkReviews.com