RV Park Reviews

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Security Precautions
a.d
post Feb 1 2012, 02:33 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 55860

I was recently asked while traveling in our R.V. with our grandchildren. How do we know the R.V. parks we stay at during our travels are safe? I did not know. So I started to ask around. In california you can go to the MEG--- L-W web site (free) use zip code of the park, search and scroll through looking for the parks street address. This way is time consuming but affective.The other way is to search by street address. Type in street address hit search then click on blue squares close to the red star. This method is a little more complicated but much quicker when mastered. PLEASE COMMENT ON ANY OTHER SECURITY PRECAUTIONS THAT CAN HELP.

A.D
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
HappyCampers6
post Jan 25 2013, 10:23 PM
Post #2

Group: Moderated
Member No.: 74251

We prefer rv parks that don't have many or any permanent residents at all. It's a personal preference but we like to be around others that are on a vacation schedule as well. When we are looking at parks nearby we try to take time to go drive through the park before actually camping there. We also research, research, research....read reviews and carefully plan our trips. This makes for a much more pleasant camping experience for our family.
+Quote Post
docj
post Jan 26 2013, 06:13 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 45503

QUOTE(HappyCampers6 @ Jan 26 2013, 12:23 AM) *

We prefer rv parks that don't have many or any permanent residents at all. It's a personal preference but we like to be around others that are on a vacation schedule as well. When we are looking at parks nearby we try to take time to go drive through the park before actually camping there. We also research, research, research....read reviews and carefully plan our trips. This makes for a much more pleasant camping experience for our family.

From our experiences during the past two years of full-timing, it is increasingly difficult to find CG's that don't have long term residents. There are lots of families living in RV parks these days including KOA's and other places where you might not expect them. Some I have met are there because its easier than obtaining an apartment for a short-term employment gig. It's likely that others are there because they've lost their homes during the Great Recession.

IMHO I don't care if someone is staying at a CG for a day or a year as long as they keep their site neat and don't bother me. Frankly, we've encountered obnoxious vacationers more frequently than we have unpleasant long-term residents. As for your desire to be with vacationers, I suspect you have no way of telling whether someone you describe as "permanent" is not simply someone who is staying for a month or more but who doesn't, necessarily, "live there" permanently. As retired, full-time RVers, we consider ourselves to be on permanent vacation but we may stay at some CG's for a few weeks or even a month or two at a time. Although our ages may be different than yours, I think we can be as pleasant as any other folks you may meet. Just because we have our plants, flags and bicycles out at our site, if you encounter us at a CG don't write us off as just more of "those permanent residents" you're trying to avoid. If you're looking only for CG's to be filled only with homogeneous collections of young families with children I think you're going to have a hard time finding them.

--------------------
Joel Weiss
2000 Beaver Patriot Thunder--Cat C12
2014 Honda CR-V EX-L toad
WiFi Ranger Ambassador
RVParkReviews.com Administrator
Share our adventures at: Weiss Travels
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
a.d   Security Precautions   Feb 1 2012, 02:33 PM
Jerry S.   Maybe I'm a bit uninformed and/or niave, but I...   Feb 1 2012, 10:54 PM
joez   When traveling, the only security precaution that ...   Feb 2 2012, 08:16 AM
John Blue   I feel the same way at Jerry S. and joez. We have...   Feb 2 2012, 09:45 AM
jim crowl   I agree as well. I've camped at a couple hund...   Feb 5 2012, 08:10 PM
dalsgal   At any campground, or anywhere else, the children ...   Feb 6 2012, 09:14 AM
Wink   I think here a little common sense gos a long way....   Feb 6 2012, 08:44 PM
JBH   Know your neighbors...introduce yourself, if they ...   Feb 7 2012, 08:16 PM
Kirk   If you stay in family oriented RV parks and avoid ...   Feb 13 2012, 10:35 AM
dalsgal   If you stay in family oriented RV parks and avoid...   Feb 13 2012, 03:00 PM
mdcamping   Based on a experience when we were at a campground...   Feb 13 2012, 08:43 PM
RanMan   Telling people to avoid parks full of permanent...   Feb 14 2012, 12:11 PM
kcmoedoe   I actively avoid parks with long term residents. ...   Feb 14 2012, 04:30 PM
dalsgal   Not to be rude but you do sound elitist. I bet if...   Feb 14 2012, 05:46 PM
kcmoedoe   Not to be rude but you do sound elitist. I bet i...   Feb 14 2012, 08:06 PM
Wink   You may be correct. But read the bad reviews and...   Feb 27 2012, 01:05 PM
joez   I believe that yours is the exception to the rul...   Feb 16 2012, 09:31 AM
nedmtnman   OK, back to the original post about security. We h...   Feb 16 2012, 11:16 AM
chowhound   You may be correct. But read the bad reviews and...   Feb 16 2012, 03:08 PM
Texasrvers   This thread has already deteriorated from the OP, ...   Feb 16 2012, 06:59 PM
a.d   The Park itself is a reflection of the management....   Feb 17 2012, 12:09 PM
a.d   I was recently asked while traveling in our R.V. ...   Jan 19 2013, 09:39 PM
HappyCampers6   We prefer rv parks that don't have many or any...   Jan 25 2013, 10:23 PM
docj   We prefer rv parks that don't have many or an...   Jan 26 2013, 06:13 PM
a.d   Finished our planning stage,hope to get on the roa...   Mar 19 2014, 04:29 PM
OU geo   I am in full agreement with dalsgal, RanMan, Texas...   Mar 20 2014, 02:13 PM
a.d   I am in full agreement with dalsgal, RanMan, Texa...   Mar 20 2014, 07:13 PM
OU geo   Thank you OU qeo for your input. But lets not str...   Mar 21 2014, 12:16 PM
Texasrvers   Thank you OU qeo for your input. But lets not str...   Mar 22 2014, 12:17 PM
Lindsay Richards   I bought a $4.00 security system at Radio Sha...   Mar 20 2014, 04:32 PM
a.d   I bought a $4.00 security system at Radio Sh...   Mar 20 2014, 06:20 PM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
RVParkReviews.com